Milk or 'solid' snacks?

mermaid

Reaction score
I have a question for other breastfeeding Mum's which I hope you can help with! If your baby is hungry between meals, do you offer breast milk or solid foods? I'm just wondering when I would maybe offer some finger snacks instead of the boobie if you know what I mean?! How do I know? :?

I think I sound daft asking so many questions, I wish LO came with a manual. :D

Not sure if I am going to be much help. Seren always fed to demand so I always offered her milk. I didn't really introduce snacks until she was over 1 as I read that until the age of 1 solids are really only for tasting etc, and milk is the main source of nutrients. When she was one I would then introduce snacks - mainly fruit and steamed veg. I didn't really know, I just used the guideline.

Arianna wasnt breast fed as such - it was always expressed breast milk or formula as she wouldn't feed direct off me, but at that age I would be giving finger foods... but then I did go down the baby lead weaning route....
hope that helps

Thanks, yes that makes sense. Of course milk is the main nutrition. Sometimes it all gets confusing to me. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back