How much breast milk at 7 mths?

mermaid

Reaction score
My HV just said that my LO is feeding too much and probably using me like a dummy! He does feed every 2 hours or so through the day and night even though has started solid foods. I agree it is a lot and he has always done this, but how much should he be having at 7 months?
I don't feel I can refuse to feed him! He is defo hungry through the night as he dream feeds for a good length of time. I have tried to offer a cuddle etc instead but he won't have it.

Sorry I can't offer any advice but just wanted to say Brody is exactly the same! He has been having food for almost 2 months now 3 times a day but still wanting LOTS of milk still! Waking every couple of hours in the night too! I have also tried comforting/cuddling back to sleep but most of the time he won't settle again until I feed him!
He is just short of 6 months!

Sorry I can't help! All I can do is sympathise with the tiredness as I know how tiring it is getting up all night! :bored: :hug: :hug:

I was chatting to my HV last week and she was asking how weaning is going....... fab I said, but Grace is still feeding all through the night. She said that I ought to try to cut one or two of the feeds out. I then asked one of my bestfriends who is a mw what she thought and she couldn't believe that Grace was still waking at night for feeds. she reckons that any baby over 12lb in weight should be able to go 8 hours without a feed. She told me to try to make Grace go longer and longer in between her night feeds. She said that she was feeding at night out of habit and not because she was hungry.. I have to say that I wasn't convinced but over the last week we have mananged to change Grace's pattern.

Before she would feed at 6.30pm before bed, again at 10 pm, 1 am, 4 am and 8 am..........
I started just one week ago and last night Grace feed at 6.30 pm, 1.30am, and 5.30 am and 8 am ......

Can't believe that in only one week she has cut a feed out ...... What I had to do when she woke was, just pat her while she was in her cot, not to chat to her or take her out .......... then go back to bed (Grace is still in our room) and her presto... most of the time she went back to sleep but if she didn't then I was to do it again.... if on the second attempt she still stirred I was to give her a feed. Gradually over the week the times inbetween feeds has got longer and longer......
I couldn't believe how easy it was with Grace........ the little monkey had me thinking she was starving :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well I'll definitely try that tonight lol! I do feel that all this feeding is a habit too, after all he has done it for 7 months. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back