Milk and solid feed times - help!

Hollipops

Reaction score
Help! How do I fit it all in! I tried to do half her milk, then solid, then rest of milk but she screams to finish her milk. So we do:
745 milk
830 breakfast
1130 milk
1200 lunch
315 milk
645 milk
1000 milk (hope to drop this soon)
Haven't introduced dinner yet and dont know what time to!
Would be good to know what others do. Also what daytime bottle will be dropped first? I assume the 315 one.
Xx

I know that feeling, some days it seems all we do is feed Holly! We dropped her 11pm feed first and when we introduced tea we dropped her mid morning feed. She now has morning bottle, breakfast, lunch, afternoon bottle, tea then bedtime bottle. Think the afternoon bottle will go soon.

I give N his bottles as normal then I just feed him when I eat, I always find he eats better if he's full from a bottle as he doesn't know food fills him up he sees it as a plaything, so for instance I'll give him a bottle at 9am then I'll make his porridge and toast and me some toast and a coffee and put him in his highchair and we'll have that about 9.30, then he'll have his next bottle about 11.30/12.00ish and we'll have a jacket potato or something at 1pm and so on. His tea is about 5.45 then he's bathed at 6.40 and bedtime bottle 7pm. Sometimes he even has his bottle whilst he's eating, I just give him his bottles on demand so when he does his hungry cry because it's his bottles that fill him up when hungry, and then food is given at my mealtimes so breakfast lunch and tea. I've done this since he started weaning on food 3 weeks ago and it works great for us. I think they don't start reducing bottle feeds until about 9 months I think? Because they don't get enough from food so they still need the nutrients from milk. So just keep your bottle feeds as they were and just give food inbetween.

Last edited:
I'll check my book for when it says to reduce their bottles as I can't remember, cos I'm feeding on demand he'll just reduce his feeds when he's ready so I'm not really following a guideline for it.

M was still on three bottles at 13 months I didn't drop any until she stopped asking for them she now maybe asks 3 time a week for a bottle which. I give her x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Thank you, I feel like we are always preparing bottles or food, I better get used to it :)

Jake dropped to 4 bottles once he started food, he just doesn't want any more than that, so for his day he has:

Milk at 8:am

Breakfast at 10am Porridge or baby weetabix mixed with his milk.

Milk at 2pm

Dinner at 4:30pm he likes sweet potato, carrots, other veg, still getting used to them though and also has some cooled boiled water with it in his cup.

Milk at 6pm

7:30pm he has 4 fingers of toast, sometimes with mashed banana on top but he has only just started finger foods but seems to like them, he also has some water in his cup.

Milk at 9pm and then bed.

Last edited:
We feed with bottle? He wakes at 9 so he plays while I make porridge and bottle then at half 12 he gets pureed fruit and bottle. Half 3 just bottle half 6 pureed dins and bottle then 9ish bottle and bed. This way it feels like ur not spending all day feeding . We give the food first so he kind of understands it fills him too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back