Migraines

Nanc

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Was wondering if anyone else suffers from migraines and how you cope with them during pregnancy?

I have had one for two days, which is normal for me, but usually can take medication to get rid of them. Obviously I haven't taken anything but paracetamol, as the chemist suggested but it's useless and it's driving me mad.

Anyone else suffering?

Xx

I definitely did during 1st trimester :( I put it down to a mixture of hormonal changes and cutting out the coffee :eh:

Try the forehead stick if you want to try it poundland or 99p stores do one in a yellow box and I've found it works really well!!
And you can use it as much as you want x c

i sufferd really bad with them up until about 4 years befor i was pregnant with my daughter then wen i was 36 weeks i had one out the blue and went numb down the hole of my left side fort i was havin a stroke i was took to a n e and even then they sed i couldnt have anythink :( it finally went and never had one until 3 weeks ago my daughter is now 3 and a half and ended up in a n e again this tym with the same numbness down left side i would of been about 3 weeks pregnant then as am now 6 weeks so just hopin there not kickin of again now coz am pregnant again!! try a cold flannel a dark room and sun glasses and sleep usally help for be hope they go soon hun xx

Hope you feel better soon Nanc, I've only ever had 1 migraine in my life and it was horrible. I really feel for you.

*hugs*

x x x x

Thanks Everyone,

It's day three and it's almost gone! I was worried about the head stick as the chemist was really non committal about using even the gel patches you can buy, but thanks Smess, I am using it now and will keep one handy in case of any more. I have no morning sickness so maybe I'll have these instead :-(

Poor Kayley! Yours sound really frightening. I hope you don't have any more hun. X

I had them reallly bad in the 1st tri too. the doc said i could have co-codamol, just now and then,not all the time iykwim....

It was the only thing that took the edge off x

Thanks Amyjayne. I will ask MW about co-codamol. I am seeing her on Tues for my first appointment. Congratulations on baby Oscar, he is really gorgeous. How's it going with him? X

thanks xxxx he's amazing, but a real mummy's boy...I cant put him down for a minute!!

co-codamol was my saviour, but it can make you constipated lol x

I am suffering too with TERRIBLE headaches this time and thanks to the great advice here i will be buying a forehead sticky thingy haha... hopefully it will calm it down..
going to decaf tea didnt help me much either i think.
Hope your headaches soon get better :)

thanks xxxx he's amazing, but a real mummy's boy...I cant put him down for a minute!!

co-codamol was my saviour, but it can make you constipated lol x
You're so lucky, he's adorable. Thanks for the heads up on the co-codamol side effect! I will get the grapefruit juice in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back