Midwife today

Bloom

Reaction score
I had my midwife this morning all was fine still small for dates fundal at 32cm but midwife just thinks im having a small baby around 6 and half pounds or something like that. She asked me my family history of small babies though :? i hope everything is ok.

We discussed my birth plan and she wrote a few things down but im just going to take it as it comes but all is looking good for a water birth, lets just hope the pool is free.

Baby is not engaged yet though :(

:hug: I'm being told i'm small too for dates it is so annoying especially when family tell me they think I huge :shock: which I know I'm not because I was a lot bigger when I was expecting DS and he was only 6lb 9oz at birth.

Hey Judy!

It would appear that the midwife last week lied because Connie was not engaged at my 35+3 appointment yesterday (have gone over to 35/37/39 because my village surgery only has a midwife once every two weeks).

My fundal height was 35 cm so I am settling down nicely and have JUST come back under the top line. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

Thats good that Connie is no longer a biff baby Bex although i think its probaly because you are tiny so Connie is all round the front so you measure bigger i bet she wont be as big as you think.

I dont see my midwife until 38 weeks now you never know i could of had her by then :wink: i doubt it though i will still be here at 42 weeks although my midwife went through all the signs of labour to look for and what numbers to call.

Come on babies engage.

Kylie1007 said:
Good- I wont have to deliver a baby on Fri :lol:

You never know Kylie after your labour anything is possible.

glad all was well hun :hug:

I wouldnt worry about the midwives estimation of a small baby. My cousins gf just had her baby on Mon. All through her pregnancy they said her baby was on the small side and they thought she was at least a month out on her dates but infact she gave birth to a very healthy 7lb 10oz baby...not small at all :)

Tillytots said:

I wouldnt worry about the midwives estimation of a small baby. My cousins gf just had her baby on Mon. All through her pregnancy they said her baby was on the small side and they thought she was at least a month out on her dates but infact she gave birth to a very healthy 7lb 10oz baby...not small at all :)

Thats reassuring thanks Sarah although im happy with a small baby :D

Bloom said:
Tillytots said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

hunni its going to hurt no matter the size :hug: :hug: :hug:

gald all is well with you and your baby
im sure the fundal heightd is nothing to worry about
hope your baby engages in to postion soon
sarah :hug: :wave:

Tillytots said:
Bloom said:
Tillytots said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

hunni its going to hurt no matter the size :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's true :rotfl: Finn was 7lbs 8oz when he arrived - I dread to think what he would have weighed if he'd come on his due date or even worse, 2 weeks late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back