Midwife today at 10:15-Updated first post

chickadee1976

Reaction score
Im home, cant post at work just now as my trainee replacement is in.

I did manage to pee agan before leaving, infact i could probably have filled 20 bottles if they asked.

Blood pressure is all good, measuring 29 weeks as i thought, they still wont change my official date which is 5th Deecember , i am working off 1st December.
Which means home birth wont go on call until 22nd November, so ill have to keep my legs crossed until then.
They wrote baby is lying Vx does anyone know what this means???
Ive also had bloods taken for glucose and iron and they will be in touch if any problems.

Will see what she has to say this time. Its only the third time ive seen her this pregnancy, not going well so far , i forgot to pee in my bottle when i got up :doh: .

Hopefully ill need again before i go.

Im a bit worried my blood pressure will be up agan as this will probably affect my home birth hopes, so im going to get a taxi over to surgery early and then sit in the waiting room trying to chill for a while.

You will probably have been to your appointment by the time you read this- I hope it went well and that your BP behaved itself! :hug:

When I was admitted to hospital for high bp- a midwife told me a trick to lower bp (as long as you only have pregnancy induced hypertension and nothing more sinister) is to lie on your left side and stay there- I had 3 readings over an hour and it brought my bp down from 140/99 to an almost normal 110/70 (my non preg bp is 100/60)

You should request a couch to lie on in the waiting room before every midwife appointment to keep hopes of a home birth alive! :rotfl:

Good luck! I hope you BP is ok hun!
I have my next app. on Thursday!!

Good luck for you hun, i had to pee in a bottle this morning and got most of it up my arm, well how am im supposed to know where im aiming now i cant see it anymore :roll:
Just remember to breath and relax to keep the old BP down :wink:

how did it go?
im sure you woul have managed to go to the loo again before your appt... i go a million times a day & hennaly, totally understand about the up the arm thing. My dad thinks its hilarious that i said one thing no-one ever tells you about being pregnant is that you will find wiping your bum hard, from both sides hehehehe :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back