Midwife appt... :)

Samsgirl

Reaction score
evening ladies...

well me and my lovely OH have been to our midwife booking in appt today.....all starting to feel a bit more real now....

Didn't do any bloods today....I have to go to the maternity ward next Thursday to get ooodles of bloods done for various things because of my age and the fact i'm no skinny minny either....bmi is not at high risk level, thank god...but they want to test me for diabetes and all bloomin sorts including slapped cheek syndrome...which is fine by me...paid by national ins for long enough, let me get some of that back now!!

Also found out at my 12 week dating scan, i also get a nuchal fold scan done and bloods done to check for my risk of downes....

Got my bounty pack and a dvd on breastfeeding.....

so all good so far.....she ddnt seem concerned about my dizzy spell yesterday and my bp was fine....... :)

xxx

oh and i also told her about my absolute fear of labour....lol...

she said 'whatever you do...dont watch that bloody one born every minute cos its proper dramatised and will scare the pants off you. it's honestly not like that 99% of the time'

too late...i watched it last night and went to bed crying..ha ha

as she said........it's a few hours of pain for a lifetime of wonderful...and all worth it. she told me to invest in a birthing ball and try and stay at home as long as possible and if i need drugs, not to beat myself up about it but just take it as it comes....

i told her i am not that fussed about doing a birthing plan cos im just gonna let the ladies who know their jobs help me and tell me what to do and let nature take its course. whats gonna happen is gonna happen whether i have stuff written down or not and she said that was a good attitude to have....

her nuber 1 tip.....stay calm and don't panic and remember the most painful bit is right at the very end and it lasts at most about 10 mins....

hmmmm...still terrified, but it helped a bit xx

Im glad it went well Samsgirl :yay:

I had mine yesterday did they give you a date for your 12 week scan? x x

nope not yet...she filled in the form to send off and i should just get a letter through the post with my date on :) xx

Thats exciting :yay::yay: , it will probably be around the same time as mine, im so impatient I want to go now for the scan!! x x

i know....same here!!! she said as i am pretty sure of my dates she will just get it for about 5 weeks time...seems like so far away!!!! xx

i had my first midwife appointment yesterday. just filled in a load of form but no bloods or urine tests. I think its strange that no one has verified this pregnancy at all, they've all just taken my word for it - lol.

Got to go back in 3 weeks with a urine sample and then 2 weeks after that for a scan. Should get the scan date at the end of next week so that will be exciting :)

That sounds fab Samsgirl. Sounds like you have a lovely mw too x

all this has made me excited about mine now.

glad it all went well!

Had mine today. Hemera - this is my 3rd pregnancy and I haven't had any verified, just always took my word for it (I thought they would check too).
Thought my Midwife was going to be a dragon but she's just very chatty, a 30 minute appountment lasted an hour!!!! (She did take bloods though) Have to phone the hospital next week to be given my scan date. Should only have to wait a coule of weeks. YAY!!!!

Last edited:
Hi samsgirl, glad it went well, your mw sounds lovely xxx

yeah she was nice....she doesnt actually deliver the babies at hospital though....worst luck...she does home births and all the antenatal classes only xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back