Consultant app wednesday...Sweep?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by xJuliex, Feb 20, 2012.

1. xJuliex

xJuliex Well-Known Member

I have an appointment with consultant wednesday for a scan to check babys growth as it was static a few week ago, last week belly had gone up a cm on the fundal height chart but going for a mini scan to be sure. if alls well and babys grown do you think she would do a sweep? i will be 39+5 and at my next midwife appointment after this i will be 40+4. will the fact tht im 2 days shy of 40weeks make a difference ? x

2. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

couldnt see 2 days making much difference, also mw told me first sweep only works on a small precentage of people so could be past 40 wen uget second one

3. xJuliex

suppose i'll just have to wait and see what she says in wednesday, im soooooo impatient haha x

4. lanny

lanny Well-Known Member

With my last I had a sweep at 39wks as she couldn't fit me in again till 41, just lay it on thick that your in loads of discomfort, I had him two days early I went overdue with my others so it's worth a try

5. xJuliex

oh good haha i'll try milking it then. im bloomin exhausted, Typical my 3 year olds off nursery for 2 weeks the last 2 week of my pregnancy!! just my luck lol x