• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Met OH/DH when or before you were 16?

BubbleOne

Reaction score
I read an article ages ago that said 78% of people end up marrying or having a long term relationship (together for years, living as a married couple would) with someone they have known since they were 16 or younger.

It is true for me. I met my OH when I was 16 :lol: Although didn't get together until I was 19.

Just wondered if it was true for any of you guys? Would be interesting to see if the percentage is accurate for the forum :lol:

I met my DF when i was 15, im 21 soon and have been with him 5 years, living with him 4 and engaged 2 :D

And TTC first baby :D

I met OH when I was 16 and he was 33. We didn't get together until I was 17 though

my dh was two years above me at school and we had friends in common, fancied him rotten when i was forteen and finally snared him when i was 18 :D been together 10 years now and married for 6.

x

well i went to school with my oh from the age of 11/12 but we hardley spoke. we got together when we were 16, split up 18mths later. but we got back together 2 yrs and 4 mths ago. and we live together have a child together and are planning on getting married :D he is also a great dad to my other son who i had with someone else while we were seperated for 71/2 yrs :cry:

so you could say thats true for us too :D

I met Richard when i was 14. We got together when i was 17.

I met OH when I was 14, been together 5 and a half years, and will get married one day in the future!

Met my OH online at 15 and have been together since, we are now both 21 with baby Chloe :)

Met Paul when I was 15 - Got togather when I was 19 - Married at 23, had Ky at 25.

OMG, I can't imagine being married to the bloke I was seeing at 15!

I met my OH at the grand old age of 25 no less. I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar.......(sings)

I met my OH when I was 21 but we've had the same friends since I was 12. His best mate and my best mate were brother and sister. We even went out with most of each others friends, but for some reason, our paths never crossed. We like to think it was fate keeping us apart until we were both ready to settle down:D .

Starting going out with DH when I was 15, married at 19, had Ella when I was 23. Been together 9 years this year and married for 5, still going strong :D

I was 14 and Che was 18 when we got together....
we got engaged when I was 20 and he was 24.....
now I'm 26 and he's 30 and we're expecting our first.
We'll get married one day but we're in no rush...I can't ever imagine being with anyone else, we're still madly in love and have a laugh together.
In October, we'll have been together 12 years!! :shock:

First met him when I was 17 cos he was mates with my cousin. Got together when I was 19 and he was 24 and I got married at 19, had Jess at 20.

Went to school with mark but only REALLY got to know him when I was 18, but technically, yes, I knew him before I was 16 :)

Met my dh when I was about 14, got with him just before my 18th. Been together over two years, have our nearly 8 month old son and been married 3 weeks :D

Ah congrats Stangeness - hope you are enjoying married life!

did you have a lovely day?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back