MEMBRANE SWEEP!!!!

lisanat

Reaction score
Does it hurt?

Ive got to have one tomorrow when I see the midwife. I can honestly say Im not looking forward to it.And im getting my appointment for induction too tomorrow.
One thing bothering me, the midwife says theyll leave me 14 days after my due date which was 14th. but on my scan it says I was 6 days ahead but they didnt change the date as it was less than 10 days. So theoretically Im really gonna be 3 weeks over. Should I mention this or am I worrying over nothing.

xx

lisanat said:
Does it hurt?

Ive got to have one tomorrow when I see the midwife. I can honestly say Im not looking forward to it.And im getting my appointment for induction too tomorrow.
One thing bothering me, the midwife says theyll leave me 14 days after my due date which was 14th. but on my scan it says I was 6 days ahead but they didnt change the date as it was less than 10 days. So theoretically Im really gonna be 3 weeks over. Should I mention this or am I worrying over nothing.

xx

You don't have to have a sweep if you don't wish to hun but it doesn't hurt of anything it's just a lil uncomfy. Not too sure on being left 14 days...i've only been left 11 :think: i think you should mention it just incase

thanks hunny.I just wanted to know if it hurt really. Im going to have it. anything to speed this little one up. Been a bit quiet today have you found your little one has started to slow down a bit more. Still has funny active moments just not as much.

xx

Thats ok. Yup he's definately started to slow down but only during the day lol he tends to be alot more active at night when i'm trying to sleep :roll: lol

Yep
Thats exactly the same here! Only been the last few nights babys ben like that though. when have you got your induction?
xx

You lil one might be getting ready then, Babies normally slow down alot or even keep still when you going to go into labour. I have my Induction on Saturday

Good luck youve still got time to have him naturally though.
xx

lisanat said:
Does it hurt?

xx

good luck. it doesn't hurt if the midwife is gentle which they normally are.
You'll get a period type pain as she stretches and sweeps the membranes but its not at all as bad as you think chick :hug:

be brave and do it. it may get you going naturally and thats well worth the discomfort.

Im going to do it. Anything to avoid induction.

Thank you. how you feeling?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back