Mei tais/ Asian baby carriers

little*red

Reaction score
hey ladies :wave:
i know a lot of you use slings, so i was wondering if anyone knew of any online shops that sell fairly cheap but good quality mei tai's? I have seen shops such as babyhawk and the sling are lovely but they are a bit pricey :? . Ive seen ones on the american ebay made by WAHM and they are about $25 (but id have to pay for international shipping at about $12). The exchange rate is really good just now so slings from america are working out at really good prices.
just wondering if anyone had bought one from somewhere online and would recomend them? :D

Yeah Nuzzli are great.

I have a good quality MT from a WAHM from america i bought via ebay. I'll see if i can find her again and post a link for you hun.

I just did my own, I bought some fabric from a market, 5 meters long and just looked on the net for ways to tie it.

Only cost £4.99 for the fabric which is mainly nylon, very strong and much cheaper :D

I can do a pic of what it looks like when tied if you want.

yeah my wrap is about 4metres long... loads of ways to tie them depending on how you want baby to be held.

Tasha20 said:
I just did my own, I bought some fabric from a market, 5 meters long and just looked on the net for ways to tie it.

Only cost £4.99 for the fabric which is mainly nylon, very strong and much cheaper :D

I can do a pic of what it looks like when tied if you want.

thats a fab idea! i was after a thiner one for the summer, as the one we have has loads of padding. great when it was a bit cold, but its going to start getting to hot to use.

Im off the market on thursday, i may have to buy some fabric!! Would love to see pics though luv!!!

Thanks ladies

I bought one last night from the american ebay, it only cost me £17 including shipping as the dollar/pound currency rate is so good at the moment. Im not raving about the pattern but the other ones were quite dodgy and i needed one which my hubby would also wear (its reversible with the solid strap colour on the other side).
Heres a photo of it:
edbe_1_b.jpg

if anyone wants the sellers shop here is a link to it:
http://search.express.ebay.com/merchant ... Z1QQ_tosZ1

Tasha thats a great idea about just buying the material, i wish i had though of that, then i could have picked a pattern that i really liked. Oh well i might still go to a fabric shop and get some, i guess it could be handy to have more than one :D .

What a bargain!

Just a note though I know someone who bought one of these from ebay and the stitching wasn't brilliant so just make sure before you wear it. ( Iam sure you would do anyway!) The ones I have bought have reinforced box stitches on....

This is why I just got some fabric, no stitching to come apart :lol: you just tie it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back