Mei tai

mayday

Reaction score
Today my new mei tai arrived. It's so lovely! I put it on first a couple of times without baby to make sure I was doing it right and then put it on with baby in it. She sat in stunned silence for about 5 minutes and then started to wail. And wail and wail. I took her out of it and she shut up. So I put her back in it, carefully checking her position, and she wailed again. Stopped as soon as I took her out. I left it for a few hours, till she seemed really cheerful, and tried again. Same story.

Am I doing something wrong? Or do babies take a while to get used to them? I can't think of any other way to get her used to it except to put her in it, make sure she is comfortable, and then let her wail till she realises that she is going to be carried around like this. I have to find some way of carrying her while having my hands free as I live in a very rural area and sometimes the pram just isn't practical over the terrain, even though I have an 'off road' one. I've tried a ring sling too. She likes it when my husband carries her in it, but I can't get her comfy in it.

Keep perserving. Evie did this when I first put her in our mei tai, she'd tolerate it for about 15mins then cry a piercing scream (like she was hurt) until I got her out. I've had it about 8 wks now and last weekend she was in it for 4 hours while we were walking in the peak district without a mumur - she loves it and knows when she goes in it we are off out for an exciting walk! I love it, its sooo comfy (its a babyhawk)

Check you've got the positioning right. You probably want to speak to melanie as she is the resident guru (and addict :) ) and will be able to help with that. How old is babba? If she is still newborn make sure you are wearing it with her feet up in the 'frog' position ie tucked up to her chest rather than split either side of your hips. Or you can sit them crossed leg in it. Did you get instructions on how to wear your baby with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back