• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Medised

Mamafy

Reaction score
I just thought I'd post this in case, like me; you hadn't heard that Medised is now for over 6's only. A chemist will no longer sell it to you if your child is under 6 :eh:

I sent hubby on Xmas eve to get Medised as Katie had a runny snuffly nose and she doesn't do colds :roll: He rang me in the chemist and said they wouldn't sell it to him :eh: They told him it's now been changed to over 6's only and so are alot of medicines :mad:

It does make you wonder what they've put in this one as this now the second time it's been pulled in :mad:

Anyway thought I'd let you all know xx

Last edited:
I wonder why they've increased it to 6?! Although they have to be so cautious now, so even one report of a young child having a bit of a reaction to it is probably enough for them to raise the limit

I've never heard of it......:oops: I'm not really up on medicine past Calpol and teething powders.

Lisa I have to say it was great, it was paracetamol with a decongestant built in

It has a sedetive in it, it used to be from 3 month, then they changed it to 2 years and now 6. My chemist won't sell it as a lot of young mothers abuse it and give it their kids to get them to sleep. xx

It has a sedetive in it, it used to be from 3 month, then they changed it to 2 years and now 6. My chemist won't sell it as a lot of young mothers abuse it and give it their kids to get them to sleep. xx

:shock: See this is why they've probably took it off because of other people being irresponsible :mad:

i know somebody who used to give it to her daughter in the evening to make her go to bed :shock: awful...

personally i think Medised is great for colds/teething and im slightly annoyed that the age limit has been increased - not that my kids have it all the time PMSL but YKWIM...

Like you Tezzy I thought it was great for the snuffly part that made it hard for them to breathe :(

If its been brought off the shelves for something proven in it to cause harm then fair enough but if its been brought off the shelves because of a few irresponsible twats then I'm annoyed :mad: Between my 2 lo's they wouldn't have had 4-5 bottles between them in 4 years!

It's abit double standards too when you can actually buy it from amazon and online chemists anyway :doh: but now I won't buy it as its not clear why they've upped the age!

yeah thats what i meant, if its dangerous then fair enough but if theyve upped the age because of mothers abusing its use then im annoyed!!

If it's so dangerous why is it not a prescribed drug then and why can you still buy it online :eh: Surely the same people who are abusing it will still be able to get it :eh:

I can feel a harsh email coming on :lol:

see that would solve the problem.. make it a prescription drug! i suppose calpol has some ranges 6+ though dont they?

they're all open to abuse I suppose. Lets face facts we dont just want the poor buggers to sleep when they are ill for our own convenience - it's cruel to them to be feeling knackered AND poorly :(

I've never heard of it but think I could do with some for me never mind little legs :) I'm a bit like Mervs mum I thought baby medicine stopped at calpol, calprofen and teething gels :rofl:

I'm not a Medised dealer I promise :cool: :lol:

Despite what you may have heard :oooo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back