Medicine question

(Bex)

Reaction score
Niamh has an ear infection and was given amoxicllin anti-biotic (yellow one) on friday. She has had amoxiclav before but never amoxicillin.

Anyway it seems to have made her loopy!!! :shock: She was ok on friday after taking it, but she was quite poorly but on saturday she was really strange all day. She hardly slept, kept running up and down the house and was head butting things!! She had seriously lost the plot and it was as if she was as high as a kite!!

Anyone else found this or is it just Niamh!!

Yep, I've heard of amoxicllin making kiddies hyper!

The bumping into things hun might actually be the ear infection itself :) when Joe gets these he gets dizzy, loses his balance etc

If she doesn't appear any better tomorrow I'd get the your little miss re-seen :hug:

Last edited:
I agree that she could be feeling a bit dizzy from the infection - and if the medicine is making her a bit hyper too I'm not surprised she's bumping into things. Hope she's better soon :hug:

Bex.....I dont think you can blame the medicine.....she's a PEST!! :rofl:

Bex.....I dont think you can blame the medicine.....she's a PEST!! :rofl:

Yes, that's what i was thinking!!

She has been losing her balance because of the ear infection but she was head butting things on purpose!! She was head butting the sofa, me, OH, Kian in fact anything really and laughing whilst she was doing it. She was seriously hyper and had totally lost the plot !(she is very highly strung anyway!)

I couldn't cope with her any longer so we haven't given her any medicine today and she was back to her usual pesty self!!

I'm not surprised it sent her nuts though....seriously....the colour of that stuff is just wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back