Medical photography

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Hi folks, sorry this may be a bit sensitive.
When Oirrinn was born I took a few pictures on my phone, oh wasn't keen but agreed I could do it. Later in the evening we were asked if we would like medical photography to take pictures. Well we opted for that being reassured that they do them very well and I deleted the photographs on my phone. My gp is going to chase where they're at as I expected them back before now, apparently community midwife collects them and delivers them to me.
I just wondered if anyone else was given this option, how long it took? I'm really starting to worry that they've not taken any photographs and that my memory isn't good enough. Maybe the Christmas and new year period would cause delays. Irrational mind kicking in!

Last edited:
We had ours within a day huni. Midwife just popped down and picked them up. Or oh did, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe call the medical photography department directly?
I have to say our photos of Luna from the medical photographer were lovely xx

Oh goodness that's quick! My gp is going to phone for me. She'll likely do it tomorrow as she tends to do things really quickly.
I'm just so worried they've not taken any! I hope they have, I didn't want to only have pictures from my phone's camera, wish I'd kept them now.
Thanks for sharing Simone, really appreciate it! x

You can pm me anytime for a chat if you want to. Probably not much I didn't go through as well.
We were really lucky that our midwife came in with a digital camera and told us to take as many as we liked and she would print them. True to her word she did xx

Bless u I'm not surprised your worried I hope you get them soon I'm sure they wouldn't of forgotten something like that try to chase them up you have every right too xxx

Thank you so much girls. As if by magic the midwife phoned up at half twelve and has just been to drop off the photos.
My gp was also on the phone again after having spoken with medical photography but didn't know the mw had just been in touch.
So we've got four photographs in a wee album. I'm not sure what my other half will make of them as he feels he has his memories stored. Maybe he'll not want to see them, it's his choice. Just glad to have them.

I'm so glad you got your pics xx Great to have in my opinion xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back