Medela swing

Applecider

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!

Hope you are all well! I really want to naturally feed and heard good things about the swing, it is so expensive compared to others, is it worth it? If so will it ever be cheaper?!

Xx

I've heard nothing but good things about it. A few of us were lucky and picked it up off an Amazon Black Friday special deal before Xmas at £65. Unfortunately I've never seen it as cheap as that before or since. It was only available at the special price for literally 2 hours.

Most places sell it for £90-95. I think you can get lower if you shop about, do a web search. Cheapest option maybe to see if u can find a second hand one on eBay. I believe you can buy new parts for it so you are not sharing the bits which have been exposed to someone else's breast milk etc.

you can get a small one off ebay 2nd hand for 20 quid i think
have to scan the bids but id go with that if i wanted to try it first then if it was awesome id buy the bigger more expensive one.

Check out tescos but not online they were doing it for £45!!! Unfortunately I'd just bought one when I saw this.

It's supposed to be the best x

I want one of these too, going to hold off till march time to see if any deals come up but if not will buy from boots as you get the advantage card points and extra points when you are in parenting club so you end up getting over £10 back in points which is better than nothing I guess! Xx

They had it in tesco recently for under £50 if I remember rightly.

I was just reading a parenting mag - and they reviewed the slightly cheaper philips advent one as being just as good. maybe worth a nosey. xxx

I got the black friday deal thanks to Ninja. Will let you know what its like once I get to try it out! x

Good greif! I had no idea they were so expensive! Someone gave me one ages ago and I dont think I was nearly grateful enough........

I had the medela swing and absolutely loved it. Definitely worth the money. I also used the Phillips avent electric one but I found the swing more comfortable and expressed much more with it xx

We've been lucky enough to buy one from a friend 2nd hand. Haven't used it yet obviously as we need to wait a couple of months before we can use bottles to make sure he doesn't get confused, but everyone says this is the most comfortable and effective.

Thanks for your answers I will have a look in Tesco and do like Nurse keep watching! Starfish that was a good friend giving you that :)

xx

I was advised my friend not to get one until you have given birth as you probably won't want to express straight away and just in case you can't breast feed. I think NCT might hire a few types so you can try them out first. I'm still keeping my eyes open for a bargin though because I want one too but just something to consider.

Yes it definatley sounds a better idea Mustard just trying to be organised ha. 32 weeks, wow thats gone fast! You all sorted now? xx

Not as sorted as I'd like to be but I've just started my maternity leave so should have more time to get organised. My jobs this week are wash baby clothes, start hospital bag and start writing birth plan.

SNAP - my list for this week reads exactly the same. lol. I've just about emptied my washing basket of all the normal washing - so that baby clothes can begin.

Think i may have to go shopping for a decent sized bag for hospital though. xxx

oh nice you have finished work! How long are taking you taking off all together? I would love to take a year but wouldnt be paid for the last 3 months. You will be sorted with your time now.

I've put down to take off the 9months, but i dont think i'll even get that far. i only work relief at the moment (as and when needed) but our administrator is meant to be retiring and my boss wants me to apply for that, and its really to good a deal to turn down, so i think i'll be lucky to get 6months. xxx

Hope you get it hun, its so difficult to get a job these days! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back