• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meal and snack idea's

Tulip

Reaction score
I have managed I don't know how to loose a stone. I have since gained 4 pounds. I normally love my food, but I have no urge to eat. I had really bad morning sickness but thats now gone. I am eating 5plus portions of fruit and one 'good' meal and thats it. My husband is trying so hard. Any idea's for snacks and meals would be great. Or what do you other mums to be in on a daily basis.

Thanks

Rachel

as long as your having alot of fluid you should be ok :) alot of women do lose weight in the first tri

im trying to think of ideas for you :think:

Go shopping while your hungry and have alook around.
When you get home have a pig out! :D

Ive stopped eating meals, ive just been eating ham and sweets :?

But like hev said, just as long as your drinking plenty still its all good lol

my best one is toast, i seem to be eatin a lot of salt and vinegar crisps too.

not the highest in nutritional value, but none the less its something

just maintain ur fluids, if possible drink those multivit drink things.

if ur really concerned talk to your midwife, btu as hev said so long as ur maintaining ur fluids you'll be fine :)

the only thing that seems to stay down with me is Heinz big soup. i have it in a large mug rather than in a bowl and take small sips. i tend to have chicken & veg. the other thing is home made milk shake.
I pulp up banana's or strawberries with some milk and then add loads of ice cream, Yummy.

Also smoothies with yoghurt and fruit, they taste great and are really healthy. Don't worry about the weight loss, I lost in the first tri through sickness but I am certainly piling it on now :lol:

smoothies are a good idea. What else does everyone else eat?

EVERYTHIGN ALL THE TIME WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to turn this thread around but im worried as im only 7 weeks, always had a little problem with my weight and i don't seem to be eaten a lot more than usual at all, certainly not eating for 2!! but in this first 7 weeks i have put on 5 pounds and am really bloated. am working 12 hour shifts ans always tired been walking with OH wheres all this weight come from, i admit i was hoping not to put weight on for weeks yet. anyone else like this or can give me any advice?

rusks said:
sorry to turn this thread around but im worried as im only 7 weeks, always had a little problem with my weight and i don't seem to be eaten a lot more than usual at all, certainly not eating for 2!! but in this first 7 weeks i have put on 5 pounds and am really bloated. am working 12 hour shifts ans always tired been walking with OH wheres all this weight come from, i admit i was hoping not to put weight on for weeks yet. anyone else like this or can give me any advice?

Lisa, I am the same babe!!! :cry:

With my first pregnancy I put on so much weight I planned to learn for this one....but I have the same probs as last time, which is as soon as I have an empty stomach I feel sick :shock: therefore I eat, but the worst bit is it is not long before I feel sick again! I have been to chicken to get on the scales, but I am going shopping the weekend to stock up on fruit and light snacks so no matter how much I eat, I am limiting the damage!

As for your weight gain, it could be down to water retention and the weather?! Make sure you drink plenty and just watch what you eat & I am sure you will be fine babe!

I am struggling to drink enough at the mo as I get bloated so fast! :cry: And all I wanna do is drink! xx

I can eat toast, weetabix, apples, melon, grapes and cheese and tomato pasta (although I'm going off that :puke: ). I can only drink milk or water.

Don't worry about your weight, it should even out in the end. I put on 3.5 stone with Zara and managed to lose 3 of it before getting pregnant again. I was already 1.5 stone overweight so I'm going to be massive. I don't mind though, as long as the baby gets what it needs.

i wudnt worry bout ur weight hun.

i was on a stupid diet of NO food when i fell pregnant, so when i started eating i immedicatly put on almost 2 stone. as you can imagine i was horrified. just wait till ur morning sickness kicks in it will drop back off.

i lost it all cept 7lbs, which i dont think is REALLY bad considering im 13 weeks.

dont worry,

:cheer: were eating for two now :cheer:

thanks guys now beginning to lose my appetite a little, only fancying really soggy cornflakes!! think its more important at the moment to give the baby what it needs !! :lol:

Eating two :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back