Mayo

Bexie

Reaction score
Am I bad? i just had an egg mayo sandwich, when I went to get my lunch there was nothing available bar this and I was so hungry I had to buy this one, now I'm feeling quilty!! :(

What is the risk with mayo? I'm sure it can't be that bad, but I can't help feeling a little guilty!!!!

shop bought mayo is fine, it's homemade that you are supposed to avoid xx

Yep as Carly just said. Shop bought is fine. The homemade/fresh mayo is not good because it contains raw egg.

Yeh mayo is fine hun! I lived off mayo for the first tri! Now its salad cream haha
The risk with Mayo that is home made is that its made with raw eggs so a risk of salmonella!

panick over, thanks girls!! God I hate not being able to eat all the things I'd normally devour. Ooh blue cheese, camenbert, goats cheese and the list goes on....................

yeah I know! I am dying to eat some pate! and I love blue cheese and stilton with apricots! got to stop talking about them now cus it's torture! lol

carlyr874 said:
yeah I know! I am dying to eat some pate! and I love blue cheese and stilton with apricots! got to stop talking about them now cus it's torture! lol

Yeh I have been craving blue cheese ! and Pate !! and cant bloody have it !! Argh !!! :wall:

Blimey if it was a no to all mayo I would be lost missing pate and my cheeses :cry:

Mayo is definitely fine so go and eat as much as you like...... :D

Having lived in France for the last year, where you cant buy hard cheese, Im so glad to be able to eat cheddar, cheshire, cottage cheese etc again so not missing soft cheeses at all :D

Blue cheese is fine as long as it is cooked

(ie if it was in a quiche for example)

same with seafood etc as long as it is cooked it is fine.

I couldn't help myself when shopping the other day, I brought some camenbert which I have to decide what I am going to do with it, do I be really bad and just eat it uncooked, or do I cook it with something, any ideas girls?

Perhaps in breadcrumbs with a nice chutney, ooh I'm salivating at the thought!!!!

check if it's made from pasteurised milk - if it isn't then there's usually a warning but it should say on the packet somewhere if it's pasteurised. I've been eating Brie which is made with pasteurised milk, it's fine! If you find it is not, I think the breaded idea is a good one! Cranberry sauce goes well with it!

My midwfe told me that mayo was fine, as long as it contains pasturised egg and not raw egg like homemade...think you will only run into homemade mayo in a deli or something...prepacked sandwiches shouldn't contain raw egg.

Chill out, carry on eating MAYO :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back