May help new mums..

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm pretty inexpeienced with this baby milarky but i really must share this as it MAY help just one person..

For the first 8 weeks of Ollies life evenings were hell. Both my OH and myself were pacing up and down the living room and the bedroom with a screaming baby for hours trying to get him to sleep. The other week my HV came round and Ollie started crying, she said that was his tired cry (i didnt know the difference) she then told me to put him down in his cot and walk downstairs. Within seconds he was asleep but I thought it was a flook..

However, since then every evening when i see him yawn twice i take him to his cot, put him down and leave him to sleep. If he wakes i will go upstairs and hold his hand and he goes off again. Its absolute bliss and my back is not throbing!

All along we were actually keeping Ollie awake by jigging him when all he wanted was to be left alone so he can sleep! Why they couldnt have told me that 8 weeks ago i dont know!

Anyway.. thought id share as it may work for someone.

Claire x

That's amazing! It would deffo help me with my new coming! it's killing me atm with my boy as he won't sleep unless we rock him and walk around his room and then we should put him really slowly in his cot otherwise he will wake up and it all starts again...besides I am suffering from something even worse! he still wakes up every 1.30 hours or 2 hours at max wanting some one to carry him and comfort him :( I don't know what to do about it really!! he would never ever sleep by him self now as he is used to have some one to carry him around...and if he wakes up I tried patting on his back but didn't work! :wall:

This is so true!! My little man usually likes to go to sleep on his own and the more you jiggle him the more upset he gets. If you put him down he might cry for a minute or two but he's soon asleep. I don't think anyone ever says that if you've tried everything the baby is still crying to try putting them down for a sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back