May be leaving for a while

becks20

Reaction score
Just thought id let you all know that i may not be online for a while once my internet runs out ( in the next couple days). After an electric bill thats scared me out of using my tv or anything else electric (which is basically the whole flat) There will obviously be a thread posted once i have the baby, if he ever comes out lol. But i hope to come back in a month or so to see lots of new babies :) x

Ahhh no! Have you got a prepayment meter? I got a £600 bill that I could never ever pay! So I went on one and I only spend about £20 a week for now until the heating needs to go on, lol x

Last edited:
Ahhh no! Have you got a prepayment meter? I got a £600 bill that I could never ever pay! So I went on one and I only spend about £20 a week for now until the heating needs to go on, lol x

We arent allowed one :( Iv gotta borrow money to pay it then hopefully the next bill wont be so high as now we know we have to save on electric. We have halogen spotlights 10 of them all at 50w each and my OH said thats probably what uses alot of electric so we gonna try get them in a lower wattage as we have 6 in the kitchen and 4 in the bathroom which are used but dont need them that bright lol. And switch things off when there not being used.
I was told my bill would be around the price that it was as everything is electric but my 1st bill was £48 for 2 months (with heaters on etc) my bill for 4 months was £205 without the heaters on :/ it doesnt make sense! Anyways hopefully once DD is at school she wont have her telly on during day so will save some elctric there and ill have baby to look after so i can have naps or tidy so i wont use the tv etc. Never thought id go a day without tv but heres day 1 lol x

What company you with ? When i had my house i switched from british gas to n power and it was the worst choice i ever did, my bills were a lot higher and i got told that they like to get you into debt so you have no choice to pay the big bills and stay with them, When i moved in with OH i cleared all the bills and then they tried charging me for more money when i wasn't even in the house, no one was so no electric was being used!

im with edf now. My next bill should be lower as will be 3 months not 4. im waiting for my internet to cut off im sure its 20 something every month that it needs topping up x

we will miss you keep your self well and cant wait till he arrives x

Have u double checked ur meter readings? Twice they've got mine wrong! And if u ring and set up a monthly payment plan theyl break ur bill up into manageable amounts xx

Yea i double checked them and the meter readings i gave and what they ended on and what they started on. I dont like paying on a monthly basis as i like to know iv got the money before i pay anything so i pay the bill when it comes, iv worked out how to do it just gotta put money away each week to put towards it and itll be fine :) x

I would question them further from what you have said hun, we got hit with a massive bill in a previous property (4 digit sum) and were horrified, something wasn't right and we couldn't prove it.

:hugs:

x

Im gonna see what the next bill is in 3months but hopefuly ill move in 6months to somewhere without all electric. Might save some money lol X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back