max will NOT STOP moaning/crying/whinging

My1stBaby

Reaction score
I cannot calm max down today he's never happy. He's eaten clean nappy had 2 naps tried lots of toys tried cuddles on the sofa, cuddles on the bed, tried teething powder, teething gel, cold teething ring, biscuits bloody everything!!

I dunno what's up with him??? No temp, still got jelly mucus in his poo since saturday (doc said possible upset stomach/tummy bug) but would it have gone by now??

Dunno what to do ?!

Xxx

Forgot to say he's been like this for a week now but the worst day is today!

Oops menna be in baby and toddler, how can I move it over???

Oh hun, its so hard when they are like this but I tell myself that sometimes I just have to accept that I wont know whats wrong and that as long as I have covered all the things I can think of thats all I can do! U are with him and he knows u love him, whatever he is going through he isnt on his own. Have u thought that maybe this is a fussy patch coz he is v nearly 6 months? One of those growth spurt/developmental phases that they can be particularly delicate and fractious about? Just a thought! Sorry I dont really have any suggestions other than perhaps put him in buggy and go for a walk? Fresh air may help u both. I find it helps to remind myself that all these phases they go thru wont last forever, altho it can feel like it at the time. Hope he settles for u soon. *big hugs*

Thanks for you reply, I would usually take him out but had an op in hospital yesterday so not too stead on my feet. Yeah he's 6 months old tomorrow so I guess its a big turning point in his development I hadn't thought of that... Its soo when you just don't know what to do isn't it!! He's not been like since being a newborn its tough. I keep waiting everyday for him to have cheered up but its not happening. He's napping again 3rd time already today so he's obvs very tired poor thing. Just hope whatever it is passes soon as I'm a very stressed and poorly mummy xxx

Aw hope he and you both feel better soon! I think he knows you had an op! Brian knows when I'm ill and seems worse lol
Is there someone who can have him for 5 mins? When Brian is like this I call super mil, he lives her and pretends he's been really good and happy all day lol

Yeah he might have picked up on that as I've not been my usual happy self I guess. My mum was going to come round but she's poorly herself, my OH is in and out today so he's helped out. I just don't wanna be missing something if he's unwell or in pain and I haven't realised if that makes any sense. I'm still hung up on this jelly poo stuff ... Might call GP tomorrow if he's still this unhappy xxx

I'm sure there is nothing as you seemed to have covered everything! But if it would put your mind at rest I would call the gp. I bet when you call he will all of a sudden be back to normal lol. Could a change in diet cause the goo?

Albert was really unsettled for a few days after my op especially cos I couldn't cuddle him for long. He'll come right sweetie xxxxxxxx

Maybe he cant digest that nappy he has eaten? Sorry couldnt resist.
My lo has been like that after his jab, they do it when they arent feeling great cause they have no other way of expressing it

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Does ibs run in family hun i know you can get mucus in your poo if you are i think don't quote me x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

Does ibs run in family hun i know you can get mucus in your poo if you are i think don't quote me x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

I've had it with my ibs but only when really really constipated

No ibs in the family- but we've moved onto stage 2 milk which I keep thinking could be the cause. Or excess saliva from teething causing it? Poor thing is SO unhappy. I'm just hoping he wakes up feeling better tomorrow

Xxx

We've had a few snotty poos from teething. Hope he feels better very soon :hug: and you too xxxxxxxx

Sorry I disappeared earlier- little man keeping me busy!....Must b especially hard if u have just had some surgery, and no one able to lend a hand!.......I am sure I've heard other people say that changing on to the follow on milks have caused tummy issues and so they have gone back! We r using infant milk still and Ethan is 10.5 months and Im not planning to switch. Got told at blw talk that they still get what they need nutritionally from the infant stuff and no real need to go to follow on milks. Maybe switch him back and c if it helps? Wishing u a speedy recovery xx

Because Albert's on lactose free milk I can't go on to follow on milk obviously and my HV said to give him some vitamin drops from 6 months just to make sure he gets the amounts he needs. Might be worth switching back and giving him vitamins if you don't think he's getting enough chick xxxxxxx

Yeah I've thought that, I might give it another few days n see how we go then I can move back milk and get the drops.

Yeah I use teetha stuff- nothing seems to be helping at all! He's miserable again today! Gonna get out today though as I'm feeling better so hopefully the fresh air will help him xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back