• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mattress?

kerry5a

Reaction score
Ok we have picked a cot at last! It's a mama and papas cot bed, and I love it. Now we have to try and pick a mattress! What type is everyone going for? Seems to be so many types! :shock:

I have absolutely NO idea when it comes to mattresses. However I've decided to go for a foam one because my thinking was, what if a spring pops up on a spring one. That was my only reasoning behind it. I don't get why there is such a price difference between them though x

I don't know much either but aren't foam ones bad for baby, I'm sure I read they can contribute to cot death! Don't want to scare but that's just what I read.

I got the standard foam one for my sons cot and its been fine for him. I'd prefer to have a super bg one for me, no nasty springs digging into me then x at the end of the day my parents had the same for me when I was baby as there wasn't much choice.

They only done springy ones to get more money out of you like everything else they tart up for babies you don't need etc x

I'm having difficulty choosing too, so much choice!! I'm always scared about getting one and then hearing bad reviews afterwards!

I gort a sprung one because I read they last longer and if you're getting a cotbed you'll be using it for abour 3 years x

I have a sprung one, to be honest I was so bamboozled that we just went with the most expensive one!!
xxxx

I bought foam one as well, at John Lewis i was adviced that foam ones are firmer and it's good for babies.
There are so many different opinions about mattresses that more you read more you in doubt you're! But for some reason I was keen on foam one more.

Good luck in choosing yours!

Thank you girls, I'm still clueless but at least I now know what ever I pick someone else has too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back