Maternity Pay

ClaireSarah

Reaction score
Hey all mummies to be!

I'm sure most, if not all of you will already know about the updates to maternity pay. I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else, my friend found it out. If your baby is due on or after 1st April 2007 you will be entitled to 9 months paid maternity leave:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefit ... ty_pay.asp

Just thought i would mention this. Wishing health and happiness to all!

Merry Christmas xxxxx

just shown my husband this and he suggested that I try to hold the baby in for a while longer to claim the extra benefit.......

not sure I can manange that .......... :think: :think: :think:

thinking is so simple for men

My baby's due date is March 31st according to hospital notes - and 1st of April on my doctors notes - fingers crossed she'll be a little bit late!!!

Kat@girlracer said:
fingers crossed she'll be a little bit late!!!

Hey hun, bad news, it doesn't actually go on the date the baby comes, it goes on the due dates. So the baby has to be due on or after the 1st April (so if its born say Mid March, but was due 2nd April you will get the 9 months SMP, but if its born say 10th April but due 28th March, you still only get the 6 months)

You need to get this cleared up mate I think you should try and get your Midwife to change your due date on your mat notes (or the MATb1 form) as thats what it's based on IIRC

The April 1st thing is critical for me.

You can now work for 10 days during your maternity leave without losing any benefit!

That means I will be able to work on saturdays (after a while!) and keep my hand in, which is something I was really worried about!

Hooray!

It's a really good change but I do feel bad for people who are borderline with their dates - it seems so harsh to miss out on another 3 months paid leave but I guess they have to have a cutoff at some point.

I also think the additional 10 days will be helpful as it's good to be able to come in for meetings etc. without the risk of losing your benefit.

Another good thing about the change in the rules is that your maternity leave no longer has to commence on a Sunday - I never really understood that before anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back