• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maternity leave

Solo

Reaction score
When are you starting your maternity leave and how long are you staying at home?
I'm finishing at 36 weeks and having 10 months off!! :dance: :dance: xxx

On due date if can manage it

I had a moment a few weeks ago after annual leave when I could have easily stoped then but when got back to work they sucked me back into a work ethic!!

Prob six to twelve weeks before going back full time, but can have a bit longer off as have the savings to do so. :shhh: Only lasted 7 weeks with DS!!

I finished at 29 weeks and am having a year off :cheer:

i finished on friday, and i'm going back at the end of may!

I'm finishing after the 2nd week in October and having 6 months off. I can't wait!

I'm finishing at 36 weeks too and have a year off. Only a few more days at work for me :D

I'm finishing at 32.5weeks :D (only 9 days in the office to go and counting! :cheer: )

I have no idea how long I'm going to have off OR indeed if I'm coming back. We'll have to see what things are like once he's here :think:

I'm finishing on the 26th September and not going back until the 11th August 2009 :cheer:

it cant come round quick enough now, im starting to struggle a bit, being on my feet, getting up early etc by 7pm im buggered and all the aches and pains come out :(

i finish on 30th october and im due 5th november :( tho i honestly dont know if im being realistic at all!! some days iv really had enough but im not sure if its mind over matter (i know i could be off from now)

i have 12days holiday tho and am using them to have 6weeks of 3day weeks tho so that should help!! only 4weeks til that starts.

how long im off really depends on money... my ideal is a year off and never to return to work, but i think the more likely is 9months off and going back partime- i think my work will be awkward with letting me back part time tho so i will have to see. the thing is were waiting for our mortgage to get sorted and if it goes up alot (which it will!) then the worst case scenario would be 6 weeks off (hence trying to work so late- incase baby is late) and back full time, it would break my heart if this happens tho :(

I finished at 33 weeks because i had 7 weeks of annual leave to take :) im planing on staying off for 9 months... providing we can cope with me only getting the SMP of £117 a week... otherwise ill be going back early! To be honest finishing then was prob better than working in an a&e dept until much later as it was bloody tiring!

My plan is stopping on 9th Oct when I'll be 37 weeks & take 9 months off. For the first 18 weeks I get an enhanced company package, god knows how we will cope on SMP though :(

I know what you mean about SMP. I'm a teacher so I get four weeks' full pay;
two weeks' 90% pay;
12 weeks' half pay plus SMP;
21 weeks' SMP;
13 weeks' unpaid leave.
Pretty crap really, God knows how we will cope, but DH says we will......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back