Maternity leave?

I am hopefully leaving at 29 weeks too. My back pain is annoying and I am struggling already. I think that'll be around third week in June.

I could never be bored at home either. I was on JSA last year for 4 months and the time went by so quickly - there still wasn't enough hours in the day :D

I'm hoping to work as late as possible so that I can have most of my mat leave when baby arrives.

I'll take some holiday before hand but hope to carry some over to tag on to the end of my mat leave when the pennies will be tight :D

I planned to work up until 36 weeks last time using up hols first and then start mat leave at 38 weeks but my waters broke early at 34 weeks just gone so I didn't even get a chance to finish work.

I'm finishing at 35 weeks!! Only 4 weeks to go!!YAY!!! :D

If all goes to plan (I'm well aware it might not though) I will be leaving on 15th August - 8 days before my due date :shock: Am I mad? Am I? Am I? Yes... I am... x

I just got my calendar out to work it all out. I have 4 weeks holiday to take and will officially start mat leave 2 weeks before my due date so that means my last day at work will be 27th June. I think that's 12 and a half weeks away.

It can't come too soon. I have been working long hours and have 3 hr commute on top of that so I hardly have time to even think about being pregnant. I just want to start planning, buying things and getting the nursery ready. I don't think that I'll get bored at home.

Bubalu said:
I just got my calendar out to work it all out. I have 4 weeks holiday to take and will officially start mat leave 2 weeks before my due date so that means my last day at work will be 27th June. I think that's 12 and a half weeks away.

It can't come too soon. I have been working long hours and have 3 hr commute on top of that so I hardly have time to even think about being pregnant. I just want to start planning, buying things and getting the nursery ready. I don't think that I'll get bored at home.

The same day as me!!! And after the day I have had - BRING IT ON!!!

I am also refusing to believe the BBC report of wet weather. It WILL be sunny & warm so I can lounge in the sun. After all, as my mum pointed out - I will never be alone again.

Well, not for a very long time.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to ASD123456 and Sadi4paul my Mat leave buddies. Also Freepie who is also starting Mat leave that day too :hug:

:dance: YAY! I've got a maternity leave buddy :dance:

I'm with you Tadpole....we're in for a warm (but with a gentle breeze to stop us from over heating), sunny July. We'll be lounging in the garden with ice cream and cool drinks and getting a lovely sun tan so that we look good for those post delivery pics.

Dream, dream, dream....that'll keep me going on my commute.

I'm leaving at 33 weeks and taking 5 weeks annual leave before my maternity leave. I've still got another 6 days annual leave to fit in somewhere before July. I'm taking a year off and going back 22.5 hours

i am leaving at 32 weeks, on the 25 th July! My official maternity leave starts on 1st september but i had to use up my leave before that

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I have left :cheer: well, all being well.

I am off sick at mo and i have some holiday to take so monday when I take holiday I will be 29 weeks, my maternity leave starts when I am 34 weeks I think.

I was going to try and work till the last minute but it was stressing me out and its not worth it at the end of the day.

:) I love my job! Its a quiet little place so I will be working up to the point where I feel I cant do anymore. I think I will work longer if I can get a house closer to work as the walk from where I park is a bit steep and Im a lazy bum!

I'm currently planning on working until 22nd June, a week before shes due!!! But i must stress i only work 2 days a week, so its not too hard, the only thing thats difficult is the fact i currently spend half the day on shop floor on my feet which is tiring.

I have 3 days of holiday booked in may which will leave 5 full days, or nearly 3 weeks, hmmm, so i could make 7th June my last day, i might do this.

There we go, 6 months of wodnering when to start decided in one post :rotfl: lol!!!!!

I'm leaving as soon as I can!! 29 weeks and then I'll take my bits of holiday.

I've alrerady worked out how many working days left - I can't cope!! They expect me to do much for a normal person (who can remember things, and sit down at a desk for hours on end) let alone a pregnant person!!

I'm hoping to finish on 24th July - 4 weeks before LO is due. I will take 3 weeks holiday first and then start my maternity leave. I can't wait :D

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back