Maternity leave?

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Anyone decided when they are going to start their maternity leave? I'm so sick of work already I wish I could start now (partly brought on by a nasty comment from my colleague- but thats another story :( ) but wanted to get an idea of when you guys are taking it so I can be a bit more realistic!

I am officially startign mine at 39 weeks - but have taken my full 5 weeks holiday beforehand so will leave at 34 weeks.

im gonna try and wait as long as possible this time. i went on maternity leave quite early with my first, at about 32 weeks and it really dragged as i was so bored at home.
Might try and wait till like 36 weeks this time...............easier said than done

im leaving 3 weeks before baba is due, want a wee bit of time at home but not too much lol!!! :lol:

I'm leaving 30 May. Taking 2 weeks leave and official start Maternity leave 16 June 1 month before LO is due.

I work until the 5th June then have about 3 weeks hol and start maternity leave beginning of July. Which means I have only about 8weeks left of work which is such a good feeling as like you Ive really had enough already!!! I get a year off too and will prob only go back part time!XX

I'm starting mine at 34 weeks. I'm a teacher so that means I leave at half term, makes it easier for the school to find cover and by that time I think I'd be struggling to keep teaching full time.

I'm leaving for maternity 2 weeks before the baby is due and i cannot wait!!

LMP x

im leaving at 35 weeks but like some of the others some of that is holiday first :hug:

I left at 29 weeks (but half term made it 30 weeks officially) because as a teacher I just couldn't manage any more. I'd actually started fainting in the classroom. Having said that colleagues of mine have worked right up until 39 weeks so I think it just depends on what you can do! I just couldn't!

Best of luck :hug:

debecca said:
I left at 29 weeks (but half term made it 30 weeks officially) because as a teacher I just couldn't manage any more. I'd actually started fainting in the classroom. Having said that colleagues of mine have worked right up until 39 weeks so I think it just depends on what you can do! I just couldn't!

Best of luck :hug:

Sorry to hear about the fainting hon!!! :hug:

Im not sure, I would like to work as long as I can as the money is so good, but like alot of u im fed up, but at the same time i dont want to be at home twiddling my fingers as when I was out of work i was so bleeming bored!

Cant win really when we're here we dont want to be and when we're not we want to come back lol!!

I also want to take into account of how i will feel physically, i really dont want to travel back and forth if im very tired as i drive on the motorway...

xxx

Good topic!

Steelgoddess said:
[Im not sure, I would like to work as long as I can as the money is so good, but like alot of u im fed up, but at the same time i dont want to be at home twiddling my fingers as when I was out of work i was so bleeming bored!

I can only speak for myself but I have NOT been bored since being on Maternity Leave. I've made sure I have at least one thing to do each day (e.g. list stuff on Ebay, or meet a friend for lunch, clean the bathroom etc) and I can nap whenever I like.

It's also given me loads of opportunity to get the nursery and the baby stuff ready! :cheer:

Having said that I know some women go bonkers at home!!!!

I'm leaving at 34 weeks, but this includes holiday (mat leave actually starts at 37 weeks). I'm worried I'll get bored at home but it's daytime TV versus commuting to work so I think I've made the right choice :D

i am taking two weeks mat leave (my EDD is a sunday aand thunk i might be 10 days early) but have 5 weeks of holiday before that so leave at 33 weeks.

i will keep myself busy and enjoy the sunshine. and wimbeldon of course.

Sansi

Moofa said:
I'm leaving 30 May. Taking 2 weeks leave and official start Maternity leave 16 June 1 month before LO is due.

We start on the same day :cheer:

We're Mat leave buddies, I'm taking the first two weeks as annual leave aswell.

Alex xxx

Thanks ladies. Looking at it a bit more realistically now I think I'm going to aim to leave 4 weeks before but take the 2 weeks annual leave I have left before that. That means- if my maths is correct- I only have 12 and a half weeks left at work (going on hols soon for week and a half), and there are a couple of bank holidays and a few days I have off for courses and hospital appointments I have less than 12 weeks left at work! Woohoo. Can count it down now! (52 working days left- oooh, might get me a ticker to count this down!)
Think this may have to be reviewed if I get mahoosive and can't fit on the tube :D

Hey,
I started mine at 29 weeks - I was off sick from about 20 though with ouchy back pain!!!

And i can say that very rarely do i get totally bored!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back