• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maternity Clothes??

Lindsay

Reaction score
I have read a few posts about people saying that they have got lots of nice new maternity clothes, where from??? I have rushed round on my lunch hour to get some summery tops cos the sun is shining :D but I couldn't find much at all :(

I have bought 3 tops from Peacocks (cos I don't want to spend a lot) they are ok, but nothing special, I looked in Topshop and New Look but there was nothing worth buying anywhere.

HELP!!!!

Xxx

FWIW I didn't buy a single 'maternity' top at all :lol:

I just bought smock tops, or casual tops and so on in larger sizes. One lovely cardi also. Cheaper and easier. Mostly in sales but some stuff I just saw when out and got. Will be handy then also once LO is here as I can wear it while the first few weeks and know it will fit. And can use when BF'ing also :)

Trouser wise I bought 2 pairs of maternity trousers from Mothercare, one jersey pair (live in them) and one smart black pair (which I've worn about 3 times).

The rest are plain trackie bottoms with drawstring instead of elastic for slumming round the house.

H&M seems to be good for most. I got a couple from there ages ago.

I got 2 great skirts from blooming marvellous which I love (they were £35 each but I figured pay per wear they are a bargain as I'll wear them thoughout summer while pregnant and a little time after when I've had bubs).
Got long vest tops for about £6 each from mothercare which are the perfect length and strap size for me- hate having bra straps showing.
I can't think of anywhere else- New look is a bit hit and miss, they have some nice stuff in some stores though so worth checking.

I just browsed on Ebay and found some nice stuff although im not wearing maternity clothes yet just preparing :D i keep finding some good bargains on there and clothes in the styles i like which is good as im not overly keen on some of the things they have in the highstreet shops at the mo! x

I got some nice stuff from New Look a couple of months ago, they must have changed their stock since then.

Next have some nice stuff too, varying prices aswell

I live in a town with no maternity sections in the high street stores so I have had to buy from Next (expensive but some nice stuff) and ebay (great for cheap tops).

I got a pair of jeans, some tops and a pair of cropped trousers from Next. The Next Directory seems to have a wider range than the stores though. Have a look on the Mamas and Papas website too as they always seem to have a sale section!

I spent most of yesterday on my 3rd unsuccessful search for some nice summer maternity stuff...and came back with almost nothing!

I even tried getting some long plain t-shirts in Primark but had to take them back as they weren't long enough to reach the bottom of my bump! (I am quite tall with big boobs anyway so that doesn't help!)

In the end, my best searching came from EBAY!! Thousands of items on there so boud to be something you like x

I havnt botheres with maternity tops, i wear all my normal ones, plus i live in about 6 long vests from topshop £9 fr two and i always wore them before getting pregnant too.

As for trousers, i have 2 pairs of materntiy jeans from new look, £12 and £18, one pair from dorothy perkins £18, and some linen cropped trousers from new look, £16.

Plus i still fit in all my cropped trousers from before, some "combat" trousers, and 2 stretchy waist skirts.

Plus now i wont allow myself to buy mroe so im saving money fro now lol

Sherlock said:
FWIW I didn't buy a single 'maternity' top at all :lol:

I just bought smock tops, or casual tops and so on in larger sizes. One lovely cardi also. Cheaper and easier. Mostly in sales but some stuff I just saw when out and got. Will be handy then also once LO is here as I can wear it while the first few weeks and know it will fit. And can use when BF'ing also :)

I agree with this actually. I have in total:- 3 pairs of maternity jeans, 2 maternity black trousers, 1 maternity pair of white trousers and 2 maternity tops... The trousers ok, we need them! But the tops (especially with the trends as they are) I don't think we need "maternity" tops in some cases...

I bought some flowy tops at the weekend and they're just great! I love them. The way they fit when I wear them they actually look like maternity tops.

I went to New Look, but I resent paying £28 for a pair of jeans that I'll only need for a few more months, and not only that, but I usually buy from cheapy shops! :oops: Big step for me lol.

Have you looked online? xx

seeing as the style now is sort of drawn in under the boobies and then all flowy it might be worth checking primark even, they do some good bits and bobs, otherwise ebays bound to have a huuuge selection if you dont mind second hand :)

I have lots of maternity wear from first time around, mainly from Next as I need the petite range.

I also bought a couple of tops from Top Shop at the weekend. A nice green top that really shows off my bump and a flowy empire line top. Plus a cheap t-shirt from Dorothy Perkins. I need a few more cheap t-shirts and that'll be sorted for the duration of my pregnancy.

I've bought 2 x pair of mat jeans from Next and a pair of cargo pants in their sale.

There's a lot of empire line clothing out generally so you could just get those tops, doesn't have to be maternity wear with empire line styles. I've got lots of tops from last summer that are empire line which I'm wearing again now.

I don't mind paying out on maternity wear because I wear them for work so get more than my moneys worth out of my clothes. When I've done with it all I'll try and sell some of it.

I haven't put any weight on so far so there's no way I could just buy bigger clothing in non-maternity ranges as they would totally drown me, not very flattering. I don't want to stretch my normal clothes so that's all been packed away apart from the empire line tops.

Try the charity shops hun :) might not have maternity specific stuff but with the fashions for tunic tops and smock tops and wearing short dresses as tops you should find something. Go a few sizes up from your dress size. I did the whole maternity wear ten years ago and in all honesty its not worth the money...check out plus sized stuff in Sainsbury's and Asda ;) plus size stuff is almost always designed with a belly and hips in mind so is perfect for you smaller ladies with your bumps ;)

Also check out Etsy.com - some gorgeous hand made stuff on there specifically made to your dimensions ;) can recommend Arliaflower as a fantastic seamstress - she's an angel and has already sourced me a cheap bump belt and sleep bra - she has made some custom made bump bands and is such a sweetheart would probably run you up something to order if you had a chat to her :) very lovely lady she is :)

Thanks for all your replies girls. I went into town yesterday with my mum and found some good bits. It was probably cos I was rushing round on my lunch break trying to fit everything in last time. I got 2 lovely new tops and a skirt from Red Herring Maternity range, well my mum treated me to them :wink:

Xxx

I got some jeans from Next and some linen trousers from Next both £20.... great buys if you ask me

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back