• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maternity Clothes - When to Start Wearing?

hesty14

Reaction score
I sorted through my wardroble last night and cleared out all the things that I cannot get done up anymore and there were more in that pile than left in the wardrobe! :shock:

I have been lent a few things by friends but I keep thinking it is too early to go in to maternity clothes but as I have no work trousers left and only leggings and linen trousers I was thinking of buying just a pair of black trousers for the office and a pair of jeans as I miss my jeans and trainers.

I also am getting to the point where I am sick of wearing leggings but just want to be comfy.

When did you ladies start to wear maternity clothes?

I started wearing maternity work trousers at 9weeks and jeans at 10weeks. Can't get normal stuff done up!

I wanted to wear them at 10 weeks but just started a few weeks ago....I say if your not comfy in what your currently have then invest in some. To me there was nothing worse than wearing tight trosers to work and having to pop the button open all the time

I have just bought some maternity jeans and they fit nicely! Was getting sick of wearing tracksuit trousers as normally I live in my jeans, but all my normal ones are now too tight. Great to be back in jeans that fit and are comfy! :)

I brought some used New Look mat jeans for only 99p on ebay! I've been wearing them a while but buying most 2nd hand so I'm not spending a fortune but still letting myself have a varied wardrobe.

If you spend 99p on something and don't wear them for ages or much it doesnt really matter!

Pinkyprincess - my mat jeans were from New Look - so comfy! Might look on Ebay - hadn't thought of that!

I've got everything so far from ebay (not that I have a lot yet - two pairs of trousers from work and some knee length denim shorts) - doesn't matter if it doesn't fit very nicely then - i can just put them back on there! Would definitely recommend it too, I reckon I have saved a fortune so far............

I bulk bought a bunch of mat stuff from eBay thankfully I didn't get rid cos my normal clothes just started fitting but going back to mat stuff as my jeans just won't fasten

Im going to have to start now really, my belly doesnt like being hoisted in anymore. It wants too expand and show itsself whereas I quite like being the size i am. But baby has other ideas.

I have a pair of maternity jeans. And all my tops will fit me over pregnancy. Btu any chance to go shop on ebay for togs im there.

I lost a couple of stone early on with MS and have not put the weight back on. Ironically I now fit in a pair of jeans I've been trying to get in for 6 months. However they are not comfy in the waistband.

I'm thinking I'll get a apir of mat pants for work and mat cargoes or jeans for everyday. Those stretchy waistband look super comfy to me. No issues with tops yet. The less money I have to spend on clothes the better.

Im really struggling to get into my clothes now. I have never been so curvy in all my life!!! I have gone for a size 6 to inbetween an 8 and a 10 and got up to a D cup from B cup already! Because I have always wore tight fitted clothes and only own tight fitted clothes I have had to go out and buy baggy items which have cost a fortune but not maternity items. I think now may be the right time to start looking though :) x

Iv been living in leggings and dresses/smock tops. But could do with a pair of black skinny maternity jeans if they do those lol?! And a few other bits, will try eBay. Any other good places? Xx

I went to new look last night, they have some nice things and have a sale on at the mo, i got a dress for £5. Got some jeans that weren't in the sale but were only 15.99 so didnt cost a fortune. Mothercare have some nice clothes but quite expensive x

Princess my jeans are skinny jeans! Not as nice or well fitting as my old ones, but they'll do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back