mat benefit question

mrs v

Reaction score
So my contract states I get x amount of holidays plus bank holidays, are you ladies able to claim back bank holidays which occur whilst your on mat leave? Currently arguing with hr...I think I should be able to take them or at least get full pay for them...for example part time workers get the hours for bank hols pro rata in their leave so its clearly in their entitlement so should be the same for full time right?

Any hr gurus out there that can help me?

Yes you get bank holidays I did and used them as leave x

I'm getting bank holidays added on at end of maternity leave. My maternity finishes 5 March 2013 and with 7 added bank holidays I'm due back to work on 15 March.

I am getting bank holidays for the year that I am on. So I will get a day back for all of the public holidays i miss in 2013. however the ones i accrue from this year, wont carry over. Apparently they used to, but this is a new rule!

Yes you are still entitled to accrue your bank holidays whilst on mat leave. So you are entitled to them. I have taken all my holidays for 2012/2013 inc bank holidays, before I officially start my
Maternity leave on 15th July!x

Thanks ladies, I'm just waiting for a phonecall back from hr, got a feeling they are gonna try and wriggle out of it, I'm writing dwn responses just in case!

I don't get them in my contract so it depends on the company, Acas say you do not automatically accrue them while on mat leave only holidays x but some
Companies do give it, so you might have a fight if hr are digging their heels in x

Yes, if you are entitled to bank holidays in your contract you are able to carry them over/get paid for them. My HR were always trying to get out of things, dont let them wear you down! Good Luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back