Another mat leave question well more of a what if

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
I know there are some HR bods floating about. I just wondered what would happen in the following scenario.

I am taking 3 weeks holiday before my official mat leave starts. I just wondered what happens if I have the baby during the 3 weeks holiday? I understand that your mat leave starts straight away in that instance. So what happens to the remainder of the holidays which technically haven't been taken? My next holiday year will have started by the time I am due to go back to work. So would I get paid for any holidays I had outstanding?

Hi there it really does depend what your company policy is on this. Ure right that if you were on a period of annual leave when baby arrived your holidays would be cancelled and mat leave would start day after babys arrival. Obviously you can't be paid holiday and mat pay at same time. My company would say that any outstanding hols not taken by yr end will be lost however some companies may let u carry them into next year and add them onto next years entitlement so you havnt lost out. I would suggest speaking to work and seeing what their policy is xx

I'm don't deal with maternity as the section I work for is predominantly male, but I would think that any outstanding annual leave could be carried over to use at the end of your maternity period, even if in a different leave year. xx

Pos - where are you? ;)

xx

I too took 3 weeks before my mat leave, which can also be taken at re end of the mat leave. Also they said it rolls over and I don't lose holiday when on maternity so it didnt matter about new year starting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back