Man Flu

gemmap27

Reaction score
Urghh….. My OH has a severe case of Man Flu!!!! To be honest it is a bad cold, but he kept me awake all night coughing and sneezing and sniffing! And now I think I am coming down with it! So nice of him to share!!!
I cant even take decongestant like him! I have stocked up on olbas oil and parcetamol! and mansized tissues!!!

join the club...my voice is similar to good old phyllis who used to be on Coronation Street :roll:

poor you, typical bloke!

:hug: :hug:

You can take a nasal spray. I had pregnancy rhinitus with all three pregnancies and I used Sinex the whole time. It was either that or not be able to breath at all. As long as you use sparingly it's fine.

Hope you feel better soon..... :hug: :hug: :hug:

There so considerate arent they!! my oh came round at 5 yesterday after work and i looked after him cos his temperature was raging and he was coughing and everything, NOW I WOKE UP WITH IT! i feel like rubbish!! and THEN he sends me a text saying thanks babe i feel much better!! xx yeh well i dont!!

Hope all those with colds feel better soon :hug:

Also hope all those with colds keep them to themselves, I don't want another one :D

gemmap27 said:
I cant even take decongestant like him! I have stocked up on olbas oil and parcetamol! and mansized tissues!!!

I found that propping myself up on 4 pillows and smothering my nose and chest in vicks vapour rub is quite good...unfortunately with my extra sensitive nasal tubes I can't blow too hard at the moment as it tends to make my nose bleed. :?

i've just got over the flu... i went to the docs and got some antibiotics.. i was told that nasals sprays are not recommended as some have ephredine (or something that sounds like that).. in them which speeds up your heart.. i just lived on paracetamol.. had DH rubbing vicks on me all the time :) and loads of lockets.....

Oooo im dreading getting poorly and not being able to take anything! Have you tried honey & lemon thats ment to be good although I hate lemon :lol:

Hope your feeling better soon & hope your man gets over his 'man flu' hehe

well I suppose at least he's erm.... "ill"??

Its better than the Monday Man Flu my OH gets... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squiglet said:
well I suppose at least he's erm.... "ill"??

Its better than the Monday Man Flu my OH gets... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Otherwise known as 'beer flu' by any chance? :lol:

Nah.. beer don't come into it.. it's very much.. "I-really-don't-want-to-go-to-work-today" flu....where the stress of the thought of it makes him physically sick.. :roll:

Got a better nights sleep last night - dosed him up on night nurse!
He slept through till about 4 and started coughing - but I was wide awake anyway. But at least I got a few hours of decent sleep!
I feel a bit stuffy and headachy but Im hoping thats as bad as it gets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back