Major Hearburn - Tips?

ShadowWolf

Reaction score
Heya all, I went to bed last night with a really nasty burny feeling in my throat and stomach and was up for most of the night in really bad pain. My darling OH went to the 24 hour Tesco at 5am to get me some gaviscon to try and settle it and between this, eating a couple of plain sponge cakes that I made a couple of days ago and drinking as much water as I could keep down, I got some sleep.

I keep feeling like my entire throat is full of acid, it burns so badly and I keeo burping up food (sorry TMI). I have never had heartburn before so this is all new to me. It has felt like this all day and shows no sign of letting up. I feel really sick and the only time it goes away is when i eat food! But after eating little bits all evening, i'm stuffed and it's coming back again!

Help! :(

xxx

I have been taking the cheap equivalent of Zantac. You can get them in Wilkinsons for about £2 for 12 tablets. I haven't checked with MW but I have heard of others taking them. I only take them when it is really bad and use rennies when it's not too bad. Also I have a swig of Milk of Magnesia when I'm feeling bloated with indigestion.
Hope this helps.
Pam

ive just recently starting to suffer with the same symptoms and ive heard gaviscon is the way forward, and you can go to your gp and they can prescribe it so its free! x

i am getting this on and off i drink milk when i get it this seems to neutralise the acid x

yep I have milk too just before I go to bed and it doesn't wake me up and am generally ok til lunch time

Try milk with a bit of bicarbonate of soda or whatever it's called in! I've never tried it myself but someone told me to try it! Any milk at all works fab and like someone said before (sorry can't remember who!) you can get gaviscon on prescription! They're bloody massive bottles too!

Thanks ladies :) Has been better these last couple of days... although now i have a massive hole in my tooth and the waiting list at the dentists is huge :( So much pain.....

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back