Made it to 6 months :) :)

Claire123

Reaction score
Very self indulgent post! But im so proud of myself to have made it to 6months breast feeding eilidh! Iv decided to wean her off now and just bf through the night and first feed in the morning. It was sooo tough at the begining nd we didnt latch properly until day 10 but cannot describe how glad I am that we persevered as I was so close to giving up. Xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well done for making it to 6 months :) such an achievement, I'm on 4 and a bit months lol. Was hoping to make it to 12 months but I'm struggling atm! xxx

tapatalking x

Thank you :) My goal has always been 6 months so im super happy about that. I think whats making me extra proud is theres about 5 ladies my age (23) I know had babies the same time as me and Im the only one who has breastfed. I thought id be sad to not be breastfeeding any more but its actually so nice! For the first time we have a feeding routine through the day which makes things so much easier. I suppose once I stop through the night and am feed i may be a bit more sad tho lol.

What u struggling with hun? Anything the amazing experts on here can help with? Or uv mabey already got a thread which iv totally missed lol! X

It's good to have a goal! Something to work towards!

I don't mean any offence by this to anyone but a lot of the younger ladies choose not to breastfeed for whatever reason. I'm 26 now and don't actually know anyone else that has breastfed, main reason being they 'couldn't do it' or were 'too sore/tired after birth to contemplate it'. A couple of girls on here said they wouldn't do it because it seemed weird!
It must be better to have a routine, you can't have one with breastfeeding. It's always on demand. So does kind of make plans a little tricky but a small sacrifice for giving our little ones the best start. Aww your night feeds and morning feeds can go on for as long as you like!

Dunno what's wrong with me, think lack of sleep and hot weather is making me miserable. I just worry that my lo is not getting enough from me and its causing him to cluster feed over night, but that's the main paranoia from breastfeeding mummies, he's growing nicely though so I dunno... xxx

tapatalking x

Congratulations!!! It's such hard work and great you made it that far.. Xx

Well done hun. Xxx

Emi Lou maybe it's just a growth spurt. The fact you say he's growing nicely means you're doing fab and remember they're possibly feeding more due to hot weather and being thirsty at night xxx

At about 4 months my lo started waking 3/4 times through the night for a feed.....unfortunately shes still doing it now *yawn* hang on in there hun, you sound like ur doing fab! I just find it amazing that when they are wee the only thing going into them is our breastmilk and look how much they grow and develop.....our bodies are awsome!

And yeah....I really dont get why some say they wont even consider breastfeeding just cus they dont want to. But each to their own I guess.

Xx

Well done on the milestone!

Breast feeding is a personal choice, I didn't breastfeed for a number of reasons one being I wanted to include OH as much as possible at the start when I most needed his help, unfortunately OH has no boobies. And just aswell because I was too ill and lifeless to express at the begining. Jackson had colostrum in the hospital, formula ever since and he's the most laid back baby in the world, never been ill and sleeps through the night since 8weeks old.

My choice not to BF was nothing atall to do with my age, I'm 22.

xxxxx

Claire, well done on the milestone. It really is such an achievement to make it that far. I do remember wanting to give up in the early days but stubbornness got me through it.
I'd love to make it to a year but sadly I go back to work when M is 11 months and will be away from her for 2 and a half weeks so not really ideal :(

Ema- LO will be just increasing the milk supply you are producing, it does steady out eventually :) how old is LO?

xx

Now that shes on formula through the day cant believe how expensive it is :eek: full time formula feeding must cost a bomb! And sterilising every evening.....yaaawn! Xx

I'm £14 a week but that's about to cut when weaning, prob drop a tin so about £7 a week.

And, thank god for the dishwasher and lots of bottles! Again, will hopefully drop with weaning.

xxxxx

I'm £14 a week but that's about to cut when weaning, prob drop a tin so about £7 a week.

And, thank god for the dishwasher and lots of bottles! Again, will hopefully drop with weaning.

xxxxx

Are u sticking with stage one formula now hes 6months? Or onto stage 2?

We dont have a dishwasher :(:( only me lol xxx

He's on stage 2 now but he eats it just the sme as stage 1. Its supposed to be hungry bby but he's not cut any ozs or feeds so I've started weaning mostly yoghurt fruit n veg he's a hungry boy but he does go 10 hour through the night so makes up during the day. xxxxx

Her sma gold will run out in the next couple days and dont know weather to get another or get sma stage 2. Going to see hv on wed morning to get her weighed so ill maby hold out until then and see what she recommends. xxx

Ah see, I'm using C&G - usually HV will say no to huungry baby type milks but I always just go with my own flow. He eats fine, he's was 15lb odds when weighed at 5m. So its not making him gain too much weight or constipating him or even doing what its meant to and filling him up LOL.

xxxxx

I didnt think it was hungry baby stuff? Is it not just what they can have once they are 6 months? Lol I like ur style....I go with my own flow too...common sense prevails most of the time I think. Yeah...eilidh was 15lb 10oz at about 5 months too so not chunky but not underweight and shes eating really well so not concerned about that. Its just that I know u can get the stage 2 formula stuff on special offer with baby events etc lol xxx

Ahh yeah its just that SMA and C&G is diff numbers for stages. Stage 2 c&g is hungry baby, stage 3 is the follow on from 6m. I will prob get this in next tin, I got 2 in advance last week so not had the chance to buy in more.

It says on the site its to be used as a mixed diet and not as a breast milk subsitute so I guess as long as she has started weaning you can change her milk.

xxxxx

xxxxx

Well done on the milestone!

Breast feeding is a personal choice, I didn't breastfeed for a number of reasons one being I wanted to include OH as much as possible at the start when I most needed his help, unfortunately OH has no boobies. And just aswell because I was too ill and lifeless to express at the begining. Jackson had colostrum in the hospital, formula ever since and he's the most laid back baby in the world, never been ill and sleeps through the night since 8weeks old.

My choice not to BF was nothing atall to do with my age, I'm 22.

xxxxx

Sorry I've been checking this but not had a chance to respond until now. I didn't mean any offence with my comment, everyone has their own personal views on the matter and it is sometimes a touchy subject xxx

Claire, well done on the milestone. It really is such an achievement to make it that far. I do remember wanting to give up in the early days but stubbornness got me through it.
I'd love to make it to a year but sadly I go back to work when M is 11 months and will be away from her for 2 and a half weeks so not really ideal :(

Ema- LO will be just increasing the milk supply you are producing, it does steady out eventually :) how old is LO?

xx

My lo is 5 months now! He's just a greedy little monkey. Xxx

tapatalking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27