Mad doctor!!

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
I'm gobsmacked by the NHS doc I saw this morning! :shock: :shock:

On monday I went to A&E and was diagnosed with an acute UTI and given antiobiotics. I was also told to go back in a couple of days if I felt any more pain or similar symptoms, as he might need to change the antiobiotic! Well I was awake alot last night with similar pains in lower abdomen and just feeling really as bad as I did on that monday so I went back again this morning.

Unfortunately it was a different doctor who was VERY young and REALLY quite abrupt and nasty. When I told him why I'd returned as the other doc said I should if I was still feeling bad, he was like.. "Well so what?? The pain you had last night could just have been pregnancy pains couldnt it?" WTF? How the hell do I know im not a doctor. :twisted: Then he proceeded to grill me and be specific to him about whether it was preggy pains I felt in my lower tummy or a pain associated with a UTI! Jeez lol

Anyway he took urine sample and said that I DON'T have a UTI at all, that the test was now inconclusive. What?? is he saying the other doctor was wrong??

Then he said my "prostate was high!" PMSL??? :rotfl: So now ive come home more confused than ever. I seriously think the guy was drunk! His last words were.. "oh well, you might as well finish the course of antiobiotcis you got just in case you got some other type of mixed growth going on in there!" GEEZ :twisted:

I'm gobsmacked and DH don't believe it !

If I ever I needed a vodka and coke its right NOW!! :twisted:

Pregnopaws said:
Then he said my "prostate was high!" PMSL??? :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Just like my DH has swollen ovaries... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wow... what an ar*e hole...did you get his name???.. because I would make a complaint saying that he had diagnosed you with a high prostrate and your a er... WOMAN :rotfl:

That's not on...what if he does that and someone dies? I would just keep taking your antibiotics and then go see your GP as an emergancy.

The likelyhood is that your UTI is still giving your problems, but the bacteria is being killed off with the antibiotics you are taking which is why the results are inconclusive.

Keep drinking lots of water and cranberry juice as its the only thing that will help keep the problem at bay in the future and help flush those nasty bugs out of your system.

What a tw*t!! I would write a letter of complaint, he obviously doesn't know what the hell he's on about, 'High Prostate'? What a fool..Nothing more worrying than a Doctor who doesn't know the difference between a man and a woman :wall:

poppy160 said:
What a tw*t!! I would write a letter of complaint, he obviously doesn't know what the hell he's on about, 'High Prostate'? What a fool..Nothing more worrying than a Doctor who doesn't know the difference between a man and a woman :wall:

Yeah I know!! I thought to myself I've surely heard that wrong so I said.. pardon me?? and he repeated it. I was too gobsmacked then to say anything else LOL I didnt get his name.. had an aussie accent. Pfff If I report him they'll just say I must be mistaken! They're real good at protecting their own, I will tell midwife next week though.

Carla.. is there something you would like to share with us? If you have a prostate then I think you are keeping a BIG secret and I want to know how on earth you got pregnant!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Stupid Dr!!!!!!!!!

Yeah debs.. I've obviously got something my DH should really know about :rotfl: Maybe I'm one of those rare people with both genitalia??
I just called maternity and told my midwife the whole story anyway and shes taken notes down LOL..

Good for you!

I think the term you were looking for is... Hermaphrodite :rotfl:

Wesley will be intrigued! LOL

How are you feeling today anyway?

Thanks for asking Debs.. Well to be honest I dont know whether to laugh or cry lol.. Still got some discomfort down there and lower back aching.

I dont know whats what anymore.. I can't tell if its stretching pains, spd, preggy pains or my urine infection, which ahem.. now the doc says i dont seem to have!! or something else! Meh.. I give up now. lol

Wes is sure to take the piss later and ask me where exactly my prostate is hurting and how high it is! :lol:

I'm so horrified and tickled at that friggin comment that its now officially in my SIG!!!

Good for you!

Thanks for asking Debs.. Well to be honest I dont know whether to laugh or cry lol.. Still got some discomfort down there and lower back aching.

I dont know whats what anymore.. I can't tell if its stretching pains, spd, preggy pains or my urine infection, which ahem.. now the doc says i dont seem to have!! or something else! Meh.. I give up now. lol

Wes is sure to take the piss later and ask me where exactly my prostate is hurting and how high it is! :lol:

I'm so horrified and tickled at that friggin comment that its now officially in my SIG!!!

Good for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back