• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MACLAREN QUEST V QUINNY ZAPP

Oliver's mummy

Reaction score
as title says really i have a maclaren quest right now but am thinking of getting a quinny zapp from the bay but which would you say is better :)

how does the quinny fold, is the handle height good for taller people,

my main reason for wanting the quinny is it has a wider seat than my maclaren.

any help on personal experiences appreciated. Thank yous :D

Personally I would stick with the maclaren hun. I had a quinny zapp for my son and loved it at first, was funky and easy to manoeuvre and folded really small for the boot of the car. However after taking my son out for a couple of day trips and also on holiday, I soon got fed up of it. The seat not reclining was a big issue for me, as we only really used the pushchair when my son was tired and needed to rest, because most of the time he preferred to walk everywhere. Also if you are planning on taking it anywhere for any length of time, then you know how much stuff you need to carry with you, drinks, wipes, nappies etc...and there is nowhere on this buggy to store things. There is no shopping basket and you cannot hang bags off the handles as it becomes REALLY unstable!! We bought a mesh net, apparently designed for the zapp, to put on the back but even this made it quite unstable. Also after taking it on holiday it got damaged in transit on the plane, with the flimsy plastic covers on the brake pedals totally snapping off. We did replace them pretty easily to be fair, but they shouldnt have broke in the first place.

I have since gone back to maclaren, and got the techno classic. They are a bit boring style-wise but still probably the strongest, most resiliant and most practical of all pushchairs Ive had. I love it and it has served us well, no problems whatsoever, even being thrown around by aeroplane staff!! :hug:

I have no experience of the Quinny but I have a McClarent Quest and I absolutely love it!

Its a great combination of size/manouverability/and seat positions. I debated getting the cheaper McClaren but didn't like the ideal of the seat only having 2 positions and it didn't have the leg rest for if I ever put the baby in when its a bit older.

I know there are smaller folding ones but really, the McClaren is so light and still compact to get all the features its a baragain I think!

Becky said:
I have no experience of the Quinny but I have a McClarent Quest and I absolutely love it!

Its a great combination of size/manouverability/and seat positions. I debated getting the cheaper McClaren but didn't like the ideal of the seat only having 2 positions and it didn't have the leg rest for if I ever put the baby in when its a bit older.

I know there are smaller folding ones but really, the McClaren is so light and still compact to get all the features its a baragain I think!

I was going to say the same thing.

I used the Quinny Zapp with Isaac from about 5months to now, and I've always liked it but it really isn't stable with bags on it as said above, and it doesn't have a moveable seat so when LO's asleep they don't look comfy at all, it is easy to put up and take down and folds quite small, but ours has become very stiff and seems bulky now, probably as I'm pregnant and everything annoys me but hey hehe So I'm getting something else, but would recommend it, it served us well, and works with a Maxi Cosi car seat for newborns which is a great advantage with a sleeping baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back