• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lunch ideas??

Pompey_Princess

Reaction score
what do you eat for lunch?

feel like i have the same boring thing and i never no what to get for my lunch when i'm at home with maddi, it's normally something like a bit of chicken salad or boiled egg, i've gone off bread :wall2:

any ideas? particularly something quick-ish or easy! i don't mind popping it on whilst cooking for her, oh and i've gone off fish too :wall2: urgh, i'm so awkward atm :lol:

For a quick snack cheese and crackers always do the job for me, for lunch I would have soup mostly.. I'm not very adventurous with my food so maybe someone will be along soon with more exciting ideas :D

Last edited:
I love them too!!

How about some homemade dips and stuff to dip in them that you can share with maddi? Some roasted veg stuck in the blender or guacamole?

Soup and bread, noodles, pitta bread and houmous. I have one of those 3 pretty much every day. Pretty boring :( xx

ETA: Mainly because the noodles and pitta are the only things that don't make me sick, soup does usually but sometimes it's worth the risk to have a change :lol: xx

Last edited:
Sam and I love pitta bread and houmous... first time we had it he asked for a spoon to eat it with :rofl:

houmous with carrot sticks, celery, and bread sticks mmmmm nice :)

good point hon :thumbup: i do love the big snack-a-jacks! x

Me too! I could eat them all day long, another fav of mine is crackerbread.. So many things can be put on it..

Asda do some ready made fruit salads which are lovely just out of the fridge.. nice and cool:)

ooo we both love houmous and pitta bread! good thinking ladies :thumbup: and fruit salad! bless maddi eats everything!
:rofl: @ sam! thats so cute with the spoon!
oh katy - i remember that - i too was sick all the way through and could only eat a few things that wouldn't make it worse, tis awful :hug: xx

I've just had a tortilla wrap (eat them instead of bread when I need a carb craving fulfilled) with grilled sausages in it :eek:) That was breakfast though...

Wraps are always good - refried beans and cheese, with tomato salsa...wafer thin chicken/ham with salad...you can fill them with anything!

I usually make a pot of soup everyday for lunch :)

Brushetta is lovely and refreshing for lunch too.

Haloumi and chicken salad?

Today I'm having baked camembert with cranberry and a salad :)

I usually make a pot of soup everyday for lunch :)

Brushetta is lovely and refreshing for lunch too.

Haloumi and chicken salad?

Today I'm having baked camembert with cranberry and a salad :)

That sounds yum. I can't wait until I can eat those type of cheeses again xx

You can have camembert, brie, etc as long as it's fully cooked and melted :) Heat kills any bugs, which is what pasteurisation does.

:wall2:So I've been avoiding goats cheese on pizza for no reason.

It's like my favourite thing ever, although it's prob make me sick anyway :lol: xx

I know what you mean, I avoided brie all the way until 3rd tri :rofl:

Just makes sure it's properly melted and cooked, and not gone cold again :)

oooo yum cooked brie! hmmm that is an excellent idea! and wrap's too! x

Omelettes are a favourite for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back