Low Lying Placenta

Lynseysg

Reaction score
Hi

I had my 20 week scan thins morning - all is fine and its so lovely to see the baby moving about and being reassured its growing well.

Slightly on the negative side - i have a low lying placenta and have to have another scan in a few weeks to hopefully check that it has moved.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this and that the placenta moved up naturaly - just wondering if this is quite common at this stage?

They explained to me the consequences etc, and what will be will be i suppose - just wanted a little reassurance.

Thank you
xxx

Hi I had low lying placenta at my 20 week scan....it dropped down further and I had a few probs with bleeding between 27 and 30 weeks and was admitted to hospital. But thankfully everything settled down and when I was scanned at 34 weeks it had moved up 6cm!! It is now no longer low lying and I am full term and waiting for a normal labour :) There are a few girls on here with low placenta's...some have had problems like I had, but for most it has been absolutely fine and moved up naturally and caused no problems whatsoever. They do say in 9 times out of 10 it will move up....even in my case after it dropped down, it eventually moved up as I got bigger, so try not to worry. But if you do have any bleeding, even slight spotting you must report it to your midwife or hospital as they need to keep a close eye on you xx

Last edited:
I'm in hospital now with it huni, like amanda sed any slight bleed get ureself there, but the consultant told me this morning that 90% off the time it will move up by itself so fingers crossed it does :) xx

Really appreciate your replies - thank you - i hope that you are out of hospital soon lou-lou.

When they told me this morning i didnt know if it was common or not. I just hope then that it naturally moves up.

Thank you again xx

Thank you, hope I'm out soon to lol!! But dnt worrie to much a lot off ladies find that at the 20 week scan and have no troubles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back