low lying placenta

LouLou1986

Reaction score
anyone else had this? gota have another scan at 34 weeks to see if it moves but from what ive read on the dreaded google it means i cud have to hav a c-section :-(

Yep I've got one :-( Wasn't too worried when they spotted it at the scan as they say that in 9 out 10 cases it naturally moves back up - but last weekend I was admitted to hospital with bleeding and although bleeding in pregnancy can be normal, it needs to be monitored closely if you have a low lying placenta, so they've basically told me that any further bleeding will result in being admitted for observation. Thankfully, my bleeding was very light and I was discharged after 24 hours. The worry is if the bleeding is caused by the placenta breaking away, which is dangerous for both mum and baby and can lead to premature labour, which is why it needs monitoring closely.

I am being rescanned at 36 weeks, and like you say, if it hasn't moved up then there is no option but an elective c section....but they do say that in 9 out of 10 cases it moves up so hopefully it'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back