Low Laying Placenta

bobtheunfortunateone

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone experienced this?

I have one son who was c Section (Breech) I am pregnant again, but I have to have another scan at 28 weeks because it is low (Scan clearly showed it very low) on a sex ban. But baby is fine and I just need to wee alot.

Has anyone gone on to have a natural birth (or not C section) What advice was you given? What can I /carn't I do? Advice PLEEESE :pray:

I just cry alot, I know the baby is ok and that I'm very lucky. But then worry creeps in and I really wanted to have a natural birth if possible.

Help Please

Do you have just a low placenta or did they tell you that you have placenta previa?

It depends what grade of placenta previa you have... It can range from level 5, Placenta covering the entire cervix, to level 1, edge of placenta touching the cervix.

A low placenta does not mean you have to have a c section, only if you have Placenta previa or vasa previa (where the vessels of the placenta are touching the cervix). This is because when the cervix begins to dilate, the placenta will begin to lift from the area around the cervix, causing a haemorrhage..

My placenta is low... originally at 16 weeks I had grade 5 placenta previa, by 20 weeks it was grade 1 and now it's just low but away from the cervix which means I can labour normally.

Tbh with a history of a previous csection, and now a low lying placenta, I don't think that they will let you labour normally... It is likely that VBAC will be considered too high risk... and you will be sectioned again.

The only way to find out is to see how things progress in the future and whether your placenta moves accordingly. Also to discuss what your options are when you reach 30+ weeks with your consultant or mw.

hhmmmm :think:

perhaps its best to just think.. right now.. it could go either way.. still plan on a VBAC, but obviously if the placenta is very low or covering then you may need a section again.. the consultant is obviously optomistic because they ahve asked you to come back for a scan at 28 weeks.. the placenta can move up as the uterus grows and stretches, i think the best thing to do is be optomistic and hope for the best.. freting about it isnt going to make it any better, it will just stress you out xx gl xx

Hi, Thanks both for the advice.

They said the placenta was laying across my cervix, resting on it (hence them telling us to be careful), just wanted to see how many go on to have a natural birth. I just get upset because some family members are being A**es. I know I will be fine, but just don't want family stress to add on to what sounds likes a common situation. What will be will be. I know that. atleast the baby is a ok size. Just trying to limit myself alittle more.

Thanks for the advice. The hospital didn't say too much really, so will ask my midwife next month, just to claryfy. They said I could go one to have a normal birth or a c section or a bleed, they are good at narrowing down!

I have also been told that my placenta is laying low but they are not scanning me again till 34 weeks to see if it has moved.

I haven't been told to do anything differently, just any bleeding go straight to the hospital, but then again you would do that anyway.

Both the midwife and the sonographer said that usually the placenta will move by 28 weeks.

Try not to worry too much and just trust your own body if you need to rest, rest etc. I understand you wanting to labour naturally and they will only book you in for a section if neccessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back