Love love love this name....yout thoughts please?

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hi all

Ok so Im only in tri1 and having all the usual worries but to distract ourselves and try and enjoy our first baby experience we have been writing a baby name list..............it is the fun part afterall :)

Anyway I LOVE the name Alfie George for a boy.......always have loved it for some reason....my OH likes it, but says it is really popular at the moment.....I havent heard of anyone I know calling their baby Alfie but not to say it isnt very popular............just wondered what everyones thoughts were on this??

Thanks as always

Ali xx

I think it's a lovely name! I do know about 5 alfies but dont let popularity put you off. Just means it's a nice name xx

Thanks amyjayne, it is really annoying as Ive loved it for years and years and now Im PG its really popular lol..........oh well thank you I think youre right if I love it (and im sure OH will come round :)) why not!!!

Anyway who knows my little bean may be a girlie :) xx

Yeah I also know a few people who called their little lads Alfie but like AJ said its a lovely name and if you like it why not...xxx

I don't have any friends with babies named Alfie but its my dads name :) And he really wants me to use it as a middle name if I have a boy. I love it but I'm baised lol.
I wouldn't worry about popularity either as long as it doesn't bother you. I'm the same, I've loved the name Emily for years and now its REALLY popular but I'm going to use it if I have a girl.

x x x x

Thanks guys much appreciated :) just the small matter of convincing his lordship lol :)

Pinky, I loved Emily for a girl too, but an ex of mine recently had a little girl and called her Emily, so that ones out for me, but still love it...............Im liking Freya for a little girl and OH likes Mia!!

Well we have 7 and a bit months to decide lol, its just fun in the meantime xxx

It is fun, I love looking at all the lists of baby names. I've pretty much decided on Emily Kate for a girl and Lewis Alfie for a boy

x x x x

ah I love both of those names, lovely! My BF has a little boy call Lewis and I love that name, would of had it myself lol....her other is Max :)

I just cant wait to see what bean looks like and Ill probably change my mind all over ago lol

Congrats on you PG btw pinky :) xxx

That's a lovely name and I'm really fussy, I don't like very many lol

ah I love both of those names, lovely! My BF has a little boy call Lewis and I love that name, would of had it myself lol....her other is Max :)

I just cant wait to see what bean looks like and Ill probably change my mind all over ago lol

Congrats on you PG btw pinky :) xxx

x

I think Alfie is rather popular but actually know two people with Ralpy/Ralphie!!

It's a great name though :)

Lxx

I think alfie is really popular now never use to be my friend just had her son and he is alfie :)

Alfies a really cute name :) I think of Alfie in Eastenders lol! I've heard a few folk on here mention the name but don't know any baby Alfies xx

Top 2010 Baby Boy Names

1. Jack
  2. Harry
  3. Alfie
  4. Thomas
  5. Oliver

It is very popular, but it's a cute name so if you like it go for it! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads