Yet another reason to get a new job....

Lander

Reaction score
Checked via my manager & HR about how they work out Maternity pay at my place as the top end of my salary is commission based (on what someone else sells...).

Some months my take home pay can vary by almost £700.00, it's a big enough problem right now, let alone when I have a baby....

Well, basically, they work out the weekly average from the six weeks prior to Mat leave starting...

Which for me, if the guys I work for have a not too brilliant month, could mean being on 90% of my basic salary, rather than 90% of my OTE earnings.

This year, the difference between my Basic and OTE has been nearly £5k.

The only plus would be having a static monthly salary but if it just happened to be worked out on a really bad couple of month's sales (BY OTHER PEOPLE!!) I'd be on an unfairly low salary compared to if they happened to do really well.... Not Happy.

FX for an awesome, well paid new job next month!!!

That is pants! Make sure you check out the maternity packages for other jobs, in our place you have to be there 2years to get the decent pay, and some places are just rubbish in general. I saved for about a year before I had the baby to cover any shortfalls xxx

I've got a 2nd interview somewhere tomorrow, will be keen to see what they have....

:yay: congratulations hunny x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back