Long story but had to share it with somebody!

Marijana FC

Reaction score
I am so tired from the bad luck that has been following me for a while now. I was trying to stay positive and not stress but...I just wish it stops soon so we can have our normal lives back!

So, what's going on? We were supposed to move in early August. Well, we didn't because the landlord changed his mind on the day when we were supposed to pay the deposit - he suddenly decided that he didn't want to rent but to sell. We were not happy but still used the energy to look for another rental property. And we found it relatively easy: everything sounded perfect - 3 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, large kitchen, large garden, garage, relatively inexpensive....It was too good to be true obviously. We were supposed to move in last weekend but we didn't because we found out on Thursday that the previous occupants managed to leave the tap on while the water was off (because of flooding), so when the water came back on it flooded the entire ground floor! Agency kept on telling us that everything is under control and that we could move in a week but when we went to see it last week it was obvious that there was no way for us to move in there! The flooding happened two weeks ago and they didn't do anything about it for ten days (just left things as they were, not even opening the windows to air the place). The whole place stank like hell and we decided we couldn't bring the baby in there. So, we had yet another frantic search for properties on Friday and Saturday and managed to find three possibles. None of them is ideal and what we really wanted but since beggars can't be choosers, we decided to settle on one of them. However, the one we liked the most seems to be very 'hot' property and there is a lot of interest in it so we are now waiting for the landlady to decide who she will rent it to. The other property is over priced for what it is and we put an offer for a lower price - still waiting to hear from the landlords. Finally, the third property is not expensive at all, it is in a very good state but it doesn't have a dinning room and it is situated far away from the town and feels a bit isolated. In the meantime, we had to beg our current landlord and the agency to let us stay in this apartment until the 3rd of September (we were supposed to move out in the beginning of August). There are already people interested in this apartment and we can't stay here after the 3rd of September.

As you can see, we are not happy bunnies at all. I am in my 37the week and Peanut can decide to come out any time now. Given that we were planning to move, we postponed buying baby equipment until then which leaves us with almost nothing for the baby (if you don't count a couple of baby suits and sleep suits; and a car seat!) We don't have a pram, we don't have a cot or Mosses basket or anything similar... Mind you, we don't have a room for the baby! We don't even have everything for the hospital bag...So, I am spending my days trying to convince Peanut to stay in my belly until due date - it's much better in there! That said, I am starting to feel baby coming down (a lot of pain in my groins and a typical penguin walk) and am panicking a little bit especially because I am on my own this week - my husband is in Scotland until Friday! All I can do is try and keep my legs crossed! I am also trying not to be stressed but it's kind of difficult when you are homeless :-( When is this going to stop!?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You have had a bad run haven't you, poor thing, things can only get better as they say i am sure they will, you do need to relax you don't want baby coming early im sure you will be fine ... :hug:

:hug:
you poor thing! That is such a lot of stress to deal with.
I moved house and was homeless for a while a few months ago but at this late stage I can imagine how much worse it is worrying that your baby will arrive.
I really hope you get somewhere soon, I'm sure your little one is very comfy inside you and won't arrive for a while yet. I had the baby engage at about 35 weeks only to pop back out again. And is it your first? I think they tend to engage a lot earlier and it doesn't necessarily mean that s/he's slipping out!
Best of luck with everything, hopefully that landlady with all the interest will have a heart and let you move in there :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: im so sorry hun your really have had a lot of bad luck. im praying that things turn around and sending some luck your way.
hope everything sorts itself out.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back