Long rant!

roxanne

Reaction score
Not sure if i'm putting this in the right section but...

I've been engaged to my OH for just over a year now, so yesterday we decided that as we don't really want a big wedding and can't afford to save alot we'd just get married as soon as we could afford it. We booked the registry office for the 3rd of May and started letting people know...

One of my best friends, who i've known for about 25 years text me back saying that she's going to France that weekend. I text back saying that i can't get married any other weekend because they were booked up until June and my OH can't get any time off work then. She sent another text saying "Where are you having it? We're going to france friday to sunday"

Am i being out of order for being annoyed that she's going to france instead of to my wedding?! The thing is, she goes to france like once a month to buy alcohol, i'm only gonna be getting married once! Plus, it seems that every time any of her friends does something she has to make it all about her. We had a christmas party in december and she phoned up our friend saying it was weird we were having it in december because she won't be able to go! It's just annoying that she expects everything to revolve around her.... even my wedding! Or am i being nasty?!

I don't think you are being out of order... if she goes to france once a month then she should go to your wedding its not like she's never been to france before! :roll:

I would just accept that she isn't coming and carry on planning your big day :D She'll be the one who misses out

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Dont let her spoil your big day hon
It's her loss
I hope you dont mind me saying as shes a friend but she dosnt sound like a vey good best friend
Let her go of to france
You'l have everyone who really cares about you there.
You'll be marrying the man you love
Enjoy your special day
Lol Sarah

If she likes to make everything about her, you are maybe better off that she will be away?
The day should be all about you and your other half.
Like Geordie lass says if she can't make the time to go, she's not that good of a friend :hug: :hug:

Ooh you're getting married :D

Like the others said, it's not about her it's about you. You have your wedding on whatever day you want to have your wedding and if she's immature enough to go to France then let her be the one who won't get to share that experience with you or be in any of your photo's of wedding day memories.

She doesn't sound like a friend I'd want around to be honest, she'd probably put on a show to make it all about her.. :roll:

Congrats on the wedding hun.
I don't think you're being out of order at all. If she's your mate, then she will be there. If she chooses France over you, then is she really worth worrying about?!
I kinda went through the same on my wedding day. My so called best mate forgot about my wedding and thought it was the following week!!

LOL xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back