• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Long car journey/car seat question

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
We are taking Poppy to stay at my Mum's at the weekend, and it's a 2 hour drive. Poppy is only 4 weeks old and I'm SO nervous about the drive! We've just bought a new car that has a three point seatbelt in the middle rear seat (as opposed to a lap belt) - are we able to put her carseat in the middle? I'd feel a lot better about the journey if we could! Hate the thought of a side impact... oh god it doesn't bear thinking about :cry:
We have a base that we fix the carseat onto rather than fart-arsing about with the seatbelt every time.

I've just googled it and it appears u can! Babyzone have a good article on it. I took my LO up North when he was 4 weeks old, on my own. My HV suggested if I'm travelling alone and he's rearward facing then to turn my front passenger airbags off and have him in the front so I can see him. She was concerned I'd be more distracted by trying to see if he was ok in the back and not concentrate on the road. If my OH is travelling with us, he goes in the back with his dad! Have a good journey :)

Get a mirror that straps round the headrest so you can always see baby. Think mine was £11 off amazon and it's a MUST. it is brilliant!

both our parents live a 2 hr drive away and we go done 1-2 times per month, our LO used to sleep the entire time, it was brilliant!! I used to feed him while OH loaded up the car and then he'd sleep then feed him as soon as we arrived and he'd be really bright and alert when we arrived :cloud9:

now hes 1 he fusses more on the journey and we have to stop at services half way just to let him out his chair :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back