LO constantly wants to be held

positivity :)

Reaction score
Will has decided in the past two days that he doesn't like his mobile, his bouncer/rocker or swing or moses basket :roll: he's driving me a bit nuts wanting to be constantly held. i put him underneath his mobile earlier, he smiled when it started but within about 2 mins had enough and started crying to be picked up, as soon as we pick him up he stops. any suggestions girls? xx

I don't have any suggestions sorry but didnt want to read and run.

Will be interested to read any advice as O can be a bit like this

The only thing I can think of is a sling. Cam is crap at entertaining himself so always cries after a few mins unattended :oooo: he's fine in the sling x

Oscar was like this til about 5 months ish. At that age we got him an activity station and that used to keep him entertained for up to an hour sometimes, it was a god send.

Am defo getting a sling for this next LO!

Have no advice as we didn't really put Oscar down for the first 3 months lol, we just cuddled him all the time lol

I 2nd the sling its great for when they just won't go down and yet you need to get stuff done. I have a.kari me and I love it!.x

This is why ive ordered a moby wrap! I'll be able to get on with stuff so much more easily and I'm planning on using it when we are at the farm so she's safe with me and I can have her with me at all times.

Phoebe has been exactly the same!! Lol our babies really are in sync! I got zero sleep last night she'd fall asleep in my arms but scream after about 2mins when put in her moses basket :(
I even held her for over half an hour before putting her down to try and get her in a deep sleep!
Night time is the worst, I just want some sleep xx

I know exactly how you feel Rachael. Have you tried putting a hot water bottle in her cot to heat up the sheets a little before you put her in?? Or swaddling? She might jolt herself awake when you put her down.
Re sleep I'm a big fan of white noise it works really well for us x

I know exactly how you feel Rachael. Have you tried putting a hot water bottle in her cot to heat up the sheets a little before you put her in?? Or swaddling? She might jolt herself awake when you put her down.

I tried absolutely everything last night :( I had a hot water bottle for myself anyway cos AF arrived so I tried putting that in there for a while. I downloaded an app called sleepy baby which has white noise, nature sounds and lullabies. She normally loves the nature sounds and I tried a dummy and rocking her. She was just having none of it. She doesn't like swaddling cos she sleeps with her arms above her head :roll:
I'm hoping tonight isn't the same :pray: xx

I tried absolutely everything last night :( I had a hot water bottle for myself anyway cos AF arrived so I tried putting that in there for a while. I downloaded an app called sleepy baby which has white noise, nature sounds and lullabies. She normally loves the nature sounds and I tried a dummy and rocking her. She was just having none of it. She doesn't like swaddling cos she sleeps with her arms above her head :roll:
I'm hoping tonight isn't the same :pray: xx

Snap !! Same thing last night, gone are the days when I would feed him and he'd float off to sleep for the night :( xx

Oooooh girls is horrid :hug: :hug: I really don't know what else to suggest :( xx

I would recommend a sling as well. My LO was the same at that age so I just carried her. I think it's a stage that they go through until they feel more secure and are developed enough to entertain themselves for a bit longer. It gets better, now LO is happy to be put down and explore her toys while i pop off to wash up or get dressed etc :)

He's quite whiny in the evenings still and isn't a fan of being left unattended but there is defo an improvement. He'll maybe go 10-15 mins on the playmat or watching tv but he does want a lot of attention. But his sleeping at night has improved hugely though which makes life so much easier xx

He's quite whiny in the evenings still and isn't a fan of being left unattended but there is defo an improvement. He'll maybe go 10-15 mins on the playmat or watching tv but he does want a lot of attention. But his sleeping at night has improved hugely though which makes life so much easier xx

An has it just naturally improved? X

I'm not sure. I'm starting to read him better, like when he wants to sleep etc cos he gets very grumpy about sleep.
The colic is improving naturally though, I can tell he's not in pain etc much anymore x

I know the feeling, my LO's been doing this for weeks, sometimes he lasts about 5ish minutes, I dont get anything done during the day tbh, sometimes when eldest LO not at school she sits & talks to him & he'll sit for longer. I have places I can put him in every room, if living room/kitchen/bathroom can take his seat in & for all 3 bedrooms theres a bed he can lay on & watch me. It gets a bit easier when they can reach & grab toys ect, coz they kinda entertain themselves

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back