• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LO birthday cake toppers, anyone make them?

Redshoes

Reaction score
I'm making Isaac's 1st birthday cake and wondered if anyone makes icing/marzipan cake toppers? Or keepsake toppers? Only I have looked for some Pocoyo ones and cannot find any, only flat transfer types, whereas I want little characters :? Any help/advice greatly appreciated :hug:

I can do basics from sugarpaste, I'm talking things like caterpillers, bee's, mini presents or shapes etc, a handbag type thing but for actual people type figures I tend to use: http://www.michellesugarart.co.uk/toppers/index.php they start around the £35 mark for something small and can run into hundreds for more elaborate wedding type pieces. She's really fantastic at them though. You might find one cheaper but just thought I'd mention her since I've used her in the past.

have you tried ebay? i know they do wedding ones. not sure otherwise.

Thankyou for the link Nicola, they are fantastic cake toppers!! Unfortunately I think a bit too pricey for me :( but thankyou for the link, I may look into that for future cakes :) and very best wishes with your own sugar creations too :hug:

rusks I have tried ebay but currently they only have flat pictures, no 3D characters, but I shall keep an eye out :) :hug:

Just another thought, have you tried asking in local bakeries? I have to say I think the person I gave you the link too is so expensive as she's here in Sussex (god it's expensive here for everything!!) as I contacted a bakers in Reading and was told £85 instead of £325 for what I wanted. In the end decided to make my own as it was time more than inability that I lacked but DH has taken the day off work so I can get on with it bless him. Try googling cake makers online in your area and ask them, I bet someone will come up with what you want at an agreeable price. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back