To cut a long story short I had an early loss back in October - I was only 6 days late but it still made us very sad Anyway up to that point my cycles had been really regular every 27/28 days with ovulation around CD 12. I had a normal cycle in October although my progesterone was low (they tested it at 7 dpo) and started to bleed as normal on 17th November - this continued for 4 days and then my body seemed to be gearing up for ovulation as normal - on CD11 I woke up and was bleeding - no pain just bright red and heavy - went to the doctors who took swabs to check for infection which came back all clear - stopped bleeding on Sat 1st December after 5 days and again my body looked ready to ovulate - then yesterday out of the blue I started to bleed heavily again. Went back to my doctors and initially they just said to go home and see what happened (I saw a locom who didnt really seem to know very much he kept on going out to ask another doctor!!) He did say he thought perhaps I had retained some tissue during my loss but not to worry unless I had severe pain - he also said he would really like to organise a scan for me but as it was over a month since my loss the EPAS unit in Shrewsbury would not see me and I would have to wait for a routine scan or pay privately - a routine scan for unexplained bleeding would take 12 weeks or thereabouts. Anyway after I got home I checked how much a private scan would be and it is £260 - to be honest we cant really afford that just at this moment. Anyway I had only been home about an hour when the doctor rang me to say he had been talking to my own doctor who is not happy - they have now put me on Antibiotics - two different types to be taken 3 times a day - in total each dose will be 900 mg so I will be taking 2700 mg of antibiotic a day. He also said they were going to try and push for an urgent scan but that could take upto 4 weeks and was there not anyway we could pay privately. I am just concerned - this morning I have quite bad pain and my tummy is so swollen I look as if I am 6 month pregnant - also the dose of tablets were so strong our local Asda pharmacy has had to get them in for me - I will start them later today. I just wondered if anyone had been through something like this? Does that dose of antibiotic seem right to you? Any help would be much appreciated - we are worried to death that if I have retained tissue it is damaging any chance we have of going on to conceive and at 41 the odds are pretty much stacked against us anyway!