lMIL

wookie

Reaction score
It's official,she's driving me mad ! she's always been very interfering but in my OH's business only but now she's starting on me ! don't get me wrong,she's a very nice lady but now I'm pregnant with her precious son's baby she thinks she has the right to have a say in my life...what is it going to be like when the baby is here...we're going to have to move abroad I think !:lol:

There are definitely some other laydees here who will sympathise on a personal level - I'm astonished by the amount of interfering cows some of you have to put up with. I had it from my ex's nan.

I've got no inlaws, my MIL-to-be passed away last august and I never met my OH's dad, who died 15 years ago.

Keep your foot down and make it clear from the start (that's 'clear', not a vague hint) that you are happy to do things your own way because everyone is different and you appreciate her input, but this is your baby and you'll be running your own pregnancy - sorta thing :)

Yeah where MILs are concerned I'd say be firm but not unkind when you disagree with something she suggests or wants that's to do with you or the baby.

I can sympathise with you too. Mine is very annoying and likes to give her opinion regularly with regards to the baby and my future wedding. She thinks she is posh and can act stuck up about things. She won't buy anything for baby younger than 3-6 months as she says anything smaller won't fit baby when he's born, I told my mum this and she laughed agreeing that's ridiculous. How big a baby does she think I'm having?? I have a list of annoying things and worry about what she will be like when baby arrives but I'd be here all day listing things haha xx

oh good god, mil drives me potty

I have just posted in relationships about something that has happened today that has stressed me out with her, and on top of that its like she sets out to get to me but in a way that people would say she isnt doing it on purpose if you see what I mean

Luckily hubby has now pretty much stopped making excuses for it all, and has tried talking to her about it

I wont go into all the problems, I will just give you a couple of little examples

Planning our wedding, initially we were going to have a civil ceremony, but then when we looked around I realised I wanted a church so we picked the one in the village my parents live in (church of england) when we told mil, she seemed fine about it (shes catholic) but then it turned out she thought it wasnt a real wedding becuase its not in a proper church????? and she was embarrassed to tell her family what church it was in. Now yes she is catholic, but shes not that religious (its one of those things were she is religous when its convenient to her)

we asked mums to sign the register with us as we thought it would be nice to iinvolve them, my mum was so happy and mil wasnt bothered, then the photos from our wedding, the ones that she is in she isnt smiling, and she isnt in any of the group ones cus they went to their room
I also dont think they saw us cut the cake or first dance, as they were in another room

told them about baby, the reaction 'oh i didnt think youd have any'
at the same time told them it was very early and not to tell anyone...the next day she went into work (local supermarket) and told all staff and any customers that would listen

this is a small handfull for you, Im peed off with it all today so I think I could go on for hours, but i will stop myself there lol

yesterday mine told me I shouldn't do any painting work or climb ladders in my state..I'm not disabled ! I'm not stupid I wouldn't do anything that put me at risk but if I want to paint my bedroom I don't need her permission !! Grrrr..

She won't buy anything for baby younger than 3-6 months as she says anything smaller won't fit baby when he's born, I told my mum this and she laughed agreeing that's ridiculous. How big a baby does she think I'm having??

My Nana is like this! She keeps saying I'm going to have a loooong baby and won't buy anything 0-3 months! Our baby's will unfurl rather than need to be pushed out if they're right :shock:

I keep getting told that I am having a long baby and the sleepsuits I buy or trousers with feet attached won't fit cause she will be too long, where are they getting this idea from :shock:? x

I have the opposite problem , its my mother that is the pain in the butt. I love my oh's mother, she is ace!

I keep getting told that I am having a long baby and the sleepsuits I buy or trousers with feet attached won't fit cause she will be too long, where are they getting this idea from :shock:? x

Yeah surely even a really really long baby, at birth, wouldn't be too long for a suit that would fit a 3 month old?!

Oh I have a new one for you.......this week she said to hubby she couldn't believe we were buying anything before the baby arrives as anything could happen..........who says stuff like that

We bought mostly 0-3 months stuff thinking no point in getting too much newborn cos they grow so fast - G was swamped in the 0-3 month stuff until he was 3-4 weeks old and is now (at 10 weeks old) just about to move into 3-6 month stuff and he's above average for length.

My MIL means well but is totally OTT and would be round every other day if I let her. You just have to find a balance between understanding that they are excited about grandchild and the fact that it's your baby and you have your own life to lead. Be strong girls-it's a game you have to play!

We also got 0-3 but lo is still in newborn at 6 weeks you never know till they are here x x

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Its terrible, how can these people tell if you are having a long baby? x

my MIL is awful, she and hubby gang up on me (well they did until I confronted him about it and threatened to send him back to her), I refused to clean the cat litter tray as we were out of gloves, MIL was round and she told me to stop being so "precious" she also had a go at me for taking folic acid, apparently she didn't take it with any of her six children and they were all fine. Driving me barmy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back