Lizsamuel

Kate1985

Reaction score
How are things with lo? Thinking of you xxx

I have been checking back here to see the same. Hope Matthew is ok bab, thinking of you too xxx

Thanks ladies! Sorry I haven't been on for a while. Things have been so up in the air and I've spent most of my spare time in hospital with little Matthew.

So Matthew went into intensive care because of breathing issues to start off with. Then he needed a transfusion then he had some mystery bowel infection. NOW it looked like we would get to take him home this weekend at 2 weeks old since his bloods are normal and he is feeding well. However there has been an outbreak of some super bug and his swab came back positive. ARGH!!!!!!!!!! So right now he is in and Isolation room being barrier nursed. He has to continue on antibiotics but the problem is the bug breaks down antibiotics so he needs some pretty strong ones.

Apart from that he is great and is showing no signs of infection at all. He's really enjoying breast milk from breast and bottles and is having no trouble going from one to the other. It's very hard to get up to express every 3 hours at night. It's actually the second hardest thing I've ever done, it's so much easier getting up for a crying baby than getting up to an alarm and breast pump. The first hardest thing is having to leave him every day. Unfortunately there seems to have been an influx of premmie babies in my area and they are really busy in the NICU so the country people get first priority for parent beds. Most of us are going around 33-35 weeks the nurses think it may have something to do with the heat. I have 2 friends who went early this past month all of us at 35 weeks. It's actually really freaky!

Last edited:
Ah fantastic news on his recovery :D shame about the bloody bug it sounds like they are taking all precautions so I'm sure he'll be home soon! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back