• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Living in the country? Travel systems - Help!

julianne

Reaction score
Never thought buying the pram would be so difficult....:wall2:

Any advice you can give would be great. Any time we go to look at prams, the shop assistants once we mention we are rural, only want to show us the 3 wheeler tanks!! They are huge some of them and not sure I fancy lugging one of them in and out of the car every time i need to pop to the shops. I want baby to face me when it is in pram mode (rather than just the buggy seat being reclined down flat).

We live in a small village and there are plenty of walks with the dog and a pram I can do on country lanes. For the off road stuff we will use a baby carrier.

The latest ones we looked at were the icandy apple (great but over our budget) and the maxicosi mura. But we both really like the quinny buzz - that is top of our hit list at the mo.

Any advice appreciated. xx

J

Hi. We got an iCandy peach jogger. It is 3 wheels but is so light and collapses down really easily. Main reason was when we were in the shop the owner found out we've got a dog and he said it's good for both city and country walks. You can have baby forward or backward facing without it being a big pallaver to dismantle. Hope that helps!

Oh and we had the Oyster as our 2nd choice which was less pricey and looks great!

The silvercross surf is ment to be great on all surfaces xxx

We have ordered the iCandy Peach Jogger too, as Calli said it's really light and the chasis folds down so easily/ I loved the fact that it is so easy to take apart and the fact that LO can face me or face forward is a bonus. xx

Last edited:
Karatekid, do you mind if I ask how much the iCandy jogger is? They don't advertise prices online. I went into John Lewis and assistant wrote down prices of several other ones but not that one x

We went for the oyster since it was more of a reasonable price and could have baby facing us once they're a bit older etc. x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I looked at the Buzz and the lady in the shop had trouble collapsing it down and also baby cant lay flat in the pram mode. We looked at the Britax b smart (3 wheeler but they are doing a 4 wheeler too) and this collapsed really easily and was easy to change things about on it, we really liked this one and it was great to push about!!

How much is the peach jogger - I cant find a price anywhere??!!

Peach is £595 + £60 for liner. then car seat and adaptors and carrycot changing bag etc is all separate!

The newer version has a huge backlog xxx

We live outside of the city too and we went for a 4 wheels one.
We often go for big hikes in the forest or Climbing small hills or at the beach at the sunset etc... For those occasions we are planing to use a sling/ carrier.

The 3 wheels ones were just a little too bulky when fold down and also we were advised from the store that they are not ideal in snowy/ice weather. The only reason to buy one (according to the sealer ofc lol) is if you really jog a lot with the pram/ stroller as they are easier/ lighter to turn while in motion.

Also all the people I see around here have 4 wheels one though we live rural (but that may have to do with the icy weather, wind and snow in Norway)

Karatekid, do you mind if I ask how much the iCandy jogger is? They don't advertise prices online. I went into John Lewis and assistant wrote down prices of several other ones but not that one x

:wave: We managed to get a deal through the shop we bought ours at for the Carry cot (0-6 months) and the chasis and seat (6 months plus). It came to 710 for both. xx

We too have the icandy peach jogger, really recommend it, we got it on sale £835 all in - carrycot, stroller, car seat, adaptors and foot muff. Cant wait to start using it. Hope you decide soon xxx

We ordered it a week ago and it will be delivered in August.

Last edited:
We too have the icandy peach jogger, really recommend it, we got it on sale £835 all in - carrycot, stroller, car seat, adaptors and foot muff. Cant wait to start using it. Hope you decide soon xxx

We ordered it a week ago and it will be delivered in August.

WOW that comes to over £1000 RRP xxx

I was torn between Phil & teds explorer, quinny speedi sx & out'n about nipper.

The new nipper V2 is so light weight & compatible with maxi cosi so going for that. I do lots of dog walking in country lanes so was ideal for me plus not too high so has adjustable handles great for me & oh.

Looked at iCandy too but was too pricey unfortunately but looked perfect otherwise. Phil & teds was nice but too bulky for me with one LO at the moment. Good luck!x

We are getting the quinny buzz but are also getting the carry cot part of it too so baby can lay flat when tiny wee. We live pretty rural so hope that it will be robust enough. We felt that the quinny was a sort of compromise...versitile enough to handle the rural roads without being the size of a sherman tank like the 3 wheelers! Hope you have a buggy breakthrough and manage to find something that suits your needs.xxx

ive just ordered the icandy peach jogger too for the same reasons you want a pram
we live in country and lots of time is spent walking on country lanes..uneven paths etc etc esp with dog!
i didnt get as good as a deal as the others but was
£790 chassis , pram seat and cot bit
£30 adaptors
£30 parasol
£85 footmuff
£130 maxi cosi cabriofix car seat
Total = £1065
but reckon its soooooo worth it!
xx

We live in the countryside and also close to the beach. We have the bugaboo cameleon which has been brilliant for both :)

Have you looked at the bugaboos they've got an option to move the wheels to a 2 wheeled option for difficult terrain and sand and snow - you can pick these up in fantastic condition second hand!i wish I had gone for one first time round!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back